the parks. Are there any 5 days admission tickets for sale in
Disney Parks? If so, are they available to any park (are
water parks included in this tickets)? And finally the most
important questions: How much do they cost and would we get
any discount buying it by Internet? Is it cheaper to buy the
tickets on the main gate of the parks?
The next questions are related to money too…. after all we
are still college students (keeping that in mind). In Magic
Kingdom and Epcot Center witch restaurants are the cheapest?
Our last question (finally) is: Is April a good time to visit
Disney? Will all the parks be opened at this time of year?
Will the park be too crowded?

Well, I think we have bothered you enough….sorry for that,
but we really need answer to this questions. Thank you.

Gustavo

Gustavo

Original Poster
Thank u!

Thank you mikedvcmember, that site will help a lot ! Do u think that it is best for us to stay at a Disney Hotel? Is it cheaper than the ones in Kissimmee after all?

Upvote 0

civileng68

Account Suspended
my take

First off, Im all about cheap trips, as I am only 24 years old.

First off, the parks ARE open in April and that actually is one of the busiest times of year.

Secondly, Kissimmee IS where Disney World is, so if you want to stay somewhere very cheap and very close to the park stay on West Irlo Bronson Blvd in an area referred to as "Maingate". Most all hotels in the "Maingate" area have "Maingate" somewhere in the hotel title. This area is about 1 mile from the Walt Disney World property.

Any and all hotels in this area will offer you tranportation to ANY of the WDW parks.

The hotels in this area ARE cheap.

Tickets can be bought online. I think they are the same price but I may be wrong. You can order the tickets on the internet. The best thing to do is buy a "Park Hopper". A one day, one park admission is $52.00 and you can buy a 5 day park hopper that will allow you unlimited access to ALL of the parks as often as you like. You can go from one to the other and back all you want and it is MUCH cheaper than paying per day.

Go to www.disneyworld.com and buy them there. What else is nice is, if you buy the tickets at the gate you only get a paper ticket. however, if you buy them online, it is a plastic ticket like a credit card. You're better off ordering online and not having to worry about it when you get there.

Eating is expensive but there are affordable places. The parks have some buffets that are about $20.00 per person. However there are many in park fast food places that are very good that are cheaper. Buy a guidebook on WDW and it should have prices of this stuff.

Definately buy a guidebook if you're not a WDW regular and it should help you.

Upvote 0

Gustavo

Original Poster
Thank you!!!!

Hey civileng68, thank you very much!!! You tips are really helpful!! Thank you very much for taking your time to help us,

Upvote 0

Maria

I agree with the recommendations you have got, but I would strongly suggest, that if you find a cheap rate for the All Star hotels, book there and you will not have to worry about transportation to anywhere on property.
The hotels in Kissimmee are very cheap and will offer transportation most of the times, but be aware that their buses usually run on set times, and if you miss it or want to stay a bit longer in a park, you may have to pay a taxi and those are expensive in Orlando. Check with the hotel about their bus schedule before you book your room. I once got a rate of $50usd for a hotel very close to Downtown Disney, I think it was a Days Inn or the DoubleTree, and their buses had set times, but if you wanted to stay longer, you could always walk to them from Downtown Disney.
Good luck and we are here to help you if you need us! :animwink:

Upvote 0

Gustavo

Original Poster
Oh thank u Maria...u are so gentle. I will check the time schedule of the bus in the hotel....I was thinking about sstaaying at the Travelodge Hotel...have u heard of it? I've seen it on the Interneet and they were charging U$28,00 per day on April....it is a great price, don't u think? What do u think of renting a car to be indepeendent of bus scheedules? Would it be much more expensive?

Upvote 0

Firewolfe51

Yes the all-star is a cheaper way to go ....but the most important thing here is the transportation!!!!!!!!staying inside you have full access to the disney transportation system. Trust us that is very important! Next you NEED to buy tickets prior to arrivial, the lines to buy tickets can be very long! When myself and family goes we try to eat a good breakfast and snack through the day, then at night eat a big dinner at a more nice place!!!! Another good planning tip, head to a book store and pick up a "PassPorter" for Disney or A "Birnbaums" the offical guide book. Both are very good books and worth the $20.00 they cost. Any more questions....just ask MOST everybody is more than happy to help or answer questions!

Upvote 0

Maria

Originally posted by Gustavo
Oh thank u Maria...u are so gentle. I will check the time schedule of the bus in the hotel....I was thinking about sstaaying at the Travelodge Hotel...have u heard of it? I've seen it on the Interneet and they were charging U$28,00 per day on April....it is a great price, don't u think? What do u think of renting a car to be indepeendent of bus scheedules? Would it be much more expensive?

You are very welcome!
Driving in Orlando could be a lot of fun :lookaroun so if you are willing to dare, go for it. I am not sure of the prices for rental cars though, but I´m sure there will be a good deal. You will have to pay for parking at the parks though.
$28 for the Travelodge is a good deal indeed! Where is it?

Upvote 0

Gustavo

Original Poster
Thanks Firewolfe51 for your tips....staying at one of the hotels at Disney is sounding good as we won't have to spent any money on transportation ( and we won't have to be worried about bus time schedules to return to the hotels). Having a good breakfast , skeeping lunch and have a nice dinner sounds like a great idea too... will be cheaper and we also we be able to ride more atractions during the lunch time ( because I belive that during lunch time, the lines must be smaller). But I still have two question I would like to make (hope I am not disturbing you too much). First one: Will parks be too crowded on April? Second: What does "Fast Pass" means? I've seen this expression on Disney's site, but I didn't understand what does it means....I belive it is distributed to guest to allow them to skip lines in rides...is it correct? If so, how do you get them? Are they worth geting?
Thanks again

Gustavo

Upvote 0

Gustavo

Original Poster
Maria

Maria, the adress of the Travelodge Hotel is 5399 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway, Kissimmee, FL 34746 (4.2 miles Northwest of Orlando / Kissimmee - St. Cloud ( City Center).

Upvote 0

Gustavo

Original Poster
Maria

Oh, there is also another one that I belive to be closer to Disney...It's on 8600 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Higway, Kissimmee. AS I've learnt here, the hotels with "Maingate" after the name are closer to Disney...and this one is "The Travelodge Maingate" :)

Upvote 0

Firewolfe51

From the latest Birnbaums guide book "the 3rd week of March to the 3rd week of April" leans to the MOST CROWDED . The FAST PASS thing is real cool. Somewhere close to the entrance of a ride ther will be a fastpass machine, you then insert your park ticket and will receive a fastpass ticket along with your park ticket back. Printed on the fast pass ticket is a time. Lets say you got your ticket at 11:00 am for Space Mountian the time stamped on the FP ticket might say 1:25 to 2:25. Now then Back to the entrance of the ride between those times you'll find two entrances one will say FAST PASS ENTRANCE and a cast member will take your ticket and you have no wait at this point. Only a limited number of tickets are given out and anyone can get FP tickets. I have never seen anyone get mad about people getting to break line.. I almost wish i could be there and show you around myself. I love to be with a first timer just to see the reaction on there face. WDW is a very overwhelming place. You are going to have a great time! You do need to get yourself a book, It will help a lot with planning like what parks on what days and where in the parks during the day is most crowded.:wave:

Upvote 0

epcotisbest

Hello Gustavo,
I would like to offer some suggestions here. How set are your travel dates? April is not a good time to go if you are concerned about crowds. Our colleges here are on spring break and lots of people come during that time. Yes, you can still have a great trip, but wait times in lines will be long. Having gone 16 times now, my opinion on the best times to go are as follows:

The first or second week in December, because schools are still in session and lots of people are busy preparing for the holiday season. This time of the year, the crowds are small and all the parks are decorated beautifully. At this time of year, the park operating hours are shortened, but, so what, you spend so little time waiting in lines that a few less hours of park time does not matter. Avoid at all costs the week of Christmas. Way too crowded. The winters in Florida are mild, and you can get by with a wind breaker or light sweater on cooler evenings.

My next favorite time of the year is in May. Around the 2nd week of May seems ideal as once again schools are still in session and crowds are smaller. The temperature is warming nicely without the opressive heat of summer. At this time, Epcot is having the International Flower and Garden Festival, which is incredible. Crowds start building toward the end of May.

The second and third weeks in Janurary are also good for avoiding crowds, but the temps are on the cool side. Not cold mind you, but there can certainly be cool days and evenings. Still, most everwhere has heated pools.

If April is the only time you can go, then by all means go. If you can get a copy of "The Unoffical Guide to Walt Disney World" it is probably the best book out there for trip planning.

Also, check out web sites such as wdwig.com, intercot.com, disneydollerless.com, mousesavers.com, and of course this one for trip planning info.

If you can afford to stay inside the world, by all means do so. Transportation to and from the various disney parks is relatively easy. I think you can't go wrong staying at some of the places mentioned near Kissimmee, or Lake Buena Vista if you have a rental car. One advantage to this is you can also visit SeaWorld and Universal Studio if you so desire. Try to get a disney bus to take you there!

Hope you have a wonderful trip, no matter when you go.
Ricky

Upvote 0

Gustavo

Original Poster
Thanks epcotisbest for your great tips! Unfortunantly, April is the only time we havee to go...we will be on vacation here too, so I guess we will have to try to get those fast passes (that sounds great)...Talking aabout fast passes, I still have one question...How do we know the time the machine will be giving it to guests? Is it for luck, or they anpunce when they are givingfast passes?
Another thing we would like to ask is, if it is possible, for u guys to give us tips on planing our day at the parks....starting by Magic Kingdon....Wich ride should we go first? What time is the best to ride Hounted Mansion, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain ...?
Thanks

Gustavo

Upvote 0

Maria

Re: Maria

Originally posted by Gustavo
Oh, there is also another one that I belive to be closer to Disney...It's on 8600 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Higway, Kissimmee. AS I've learnt here, the hotels with "Maingate" after the name are closer to Disney...and this one is "The Travelodge Maingate" :)

I´m not really sure of which it is, but I am sure it´s close to the entrance. As I suggested, do the math, and see if renting a car for a few days would be cheaper than using Disney´s buses to and from the hotel. Once you are in the parks, you can use them to go anywhere and leave the car at the parking lot if you want to. Disney transport is available to everybody once you passed the gates.

Maybe it is more convenient to stay at the All Stars and rent the car only when you want to go to SeaWorld and Universal, that is, if you are also going there. Try doing a bit of math and see what´s more convenient to you. Good luck! :)

Upvote 0

emilymad

If you want help planning your day at the parks get ''The Unofficial Guide to Disney World". It gives exact plans on which order you should go on the rides. It helped me a lot. If you want to save money on food, try splitting somethings. At most of the fast food places in the parks the portions are really big. We were always splitting stuff and it saved us a ton of money. We didn't waste any food either. Good Luck!

Upvote 0

Charinr

Restaurants

I'm not sure if anybody has given you this advice or not but go to www.wdwig.com for a list of menus w/prices at all, even counter service restaurants. I'd try to do 1 nicer dinner (during the lunch for late lunch to take advantage of lunch prices but still get the atmosphere). You can budget your meals this way and not be surprised when you get there. This helps me a lot. I do it every yr. when we go.

Upvote 0

kellydisney

Thought I'd at my 2cents. First, check out www.mousesavers.com and www.disneydollarless.com. Sometimes they offer great info on deals on rooms that are available to everyone. That might make it easy on you if you decide to stay on Disney Property :) I totally recommend staying on Disney property, this year will be our first time and I cannot wait. The All Stars sometimes have rates as low as $77/night for regular non-annual passholders. That's the rate we locked in at! That said... staying off property...

You can also check out hotels on International Drive. Usually, these hotels offer transport to and from the parks. Same deal though, you need to first MAKE SURE this is offered (I'd call the hotel or email them first) and then you have to stick to a set schedule. If you miss a bus, there's usually a long wait time for the next. My first trip to the world in 89, we stayed at the Best Western on International Drive and it wasn't a problem getting up for the first bus and coming home on the last bus. And it's inexpensive in comparison to an on-site resort.

I like the convenience of the onsite resorts though. And the added benefits (early entry some days, having Pleasure Island, Water Parks, and Mini Golf included in your length of stay if you opt for a package) and not having to worry about going off site. And trust me, I'm budget concious to at 24.

One more thing... SIZZLER if you stay off site is DIRT CHEAP for a huge breakfast buffet like under $4 if you don't get OJ! We love it :)

We always rent a car. Check out www.orbitz.com and go for L&M or Enterprise... usually the best rates and right in the Orlando International Airport terminal.

Good luck,

Kelly

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom