Please advise - need hotel

junpit

Original Poster
Hi

This will be my 6th trip in the last 10 years. We've stayed at quite a few places and could do with some advice.

I'm after an off-site hotel with a shuttle service to WDW, Seaworld and Universal. We don't drive as we use the shuttles and goto the parks every day. The shuttle service needs to be regular. It's essential that we can get a buffet breakfast. I would also like it if there was a nice bar where we can get a drink after visiting the park. We tend to give the kids all day in the park and when we get back and they've dropped off to sleep we can put them in the stroller and get a beer whilst we plan the next day.

I always stay for 21 nights. Recently we've stayed at the Quality Inn Plaza which is great as it has good restaurant and a bar that serves food until 11pm and doesn't close until midnight. Unfortunately the shuttle is a rip-off ($14 each return ie $56 per day). The shuttle does however run late (10:15 pm from Epcot) and many times during the day.

We're currently looking at the Best Western Lakeside which is closer to WDW. However I'm concerned that the shuttle is infrequent. The last shuttle from Epcot for example is 8:15 pm (ie no ROE). I've got this from their web site. A friend has also told me that the buffet was poor and the bar closes very early.

Any other suggestions are appreciated. We need to make sure its not too expensive however as we don't want to shorten our stay.

Thanks

Darren

figmentmom

Try the Comfort Inn in Lake Buena Vista. It's very reasonably-priced. There is a free breakfast buffet - not extensive, but at least FREE - a bar, a nice pool, and shuttle service to the Disney parks. I'm pretty sure that there is also shuttle service available to the non-Disney attractions. The only thing I'm NOT sure about is the return time of the shuttle buses back to the hotel at the end of the day, but you could call and ask them. Here's the hotel contact information:

Comfort Inn, Lake Buena Vista,
8442 Palm Pkwy. , Lake Buena Vista, FL, US, 32836
Phone: (407) 996-7300

junpit

Original Poster
Hi.

I've just taken a look. I can't believe I've never used these guys. Is the information for real. They have daily shuttles to everywhere and their bar stays open until 1am.

have you stayed here before. Anyones opinion on this hotel are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Darren

palmage

Hi.

I've just taken a look. I can't believe I've never used these guys. Is the information for real. They have daily shuttles to everywhere and their bar stays open until 1am.

have you stayed here before. Anyones opinion on this hotel are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Darren
I've stayed there a few times.
It's nice and clean. It's absolutely no different than a Value Resort with out all the fiberglass Foo Foo
We stayed there because they're pet friendly.

figmentmom

Hi.

Thanks

Darren

Yes, I have - believe it or not, I was actually staying there three summers ago when Hurricane Charlie blasted through Orlando.

It's very clean, very convenient, the pool is great, the bar was MOBBED during the hurricane :lol:, and there are PLENTY of restaurants within reasonable walking distance if you like a choice of places to eat.

You might want to check to se how late their shuttles to and from the parks run - I really don't know, because we rented a car.

Still, it's a reasonable, friendly and clean place to stay, in a great location.

Tim G

Hi

This will be my 6th trip in the last 10 years. We've stayed at quite a few places and could do with some advice.

I'm after an off-site hotel with a shuttle service to WDW, Seaworld and Universal. We don't drive as we use the shuttles and goto the parks every day. The shuttle service needs to be regular. It's essential that we can get a buffet breakfast. I would also like it if there was a nice bar where we can get a drink after visiting the park. We tend to give the kids all day in the park and when we get back and they've dropped off to sleep we can put them in the stroller and get a beer whilst we plan the next day.

I always stay for 21 nights. Recently we've stayed at the Quality Inn Plaza which is great as it has good restaurant and a bar that serves food until 11pm and doesn't close until midnight. Unfortunately the shuttle is a rip-off ($14 each return ie $56 per day). The shuttle does however run late (10:15 pm from Epcot) and many times during the day.

We're currently looking at the Best Western Lakeside which is closer to WDW. However I'm concerned that the shuttle is infrequent. The last shuttle from Epcot for example is 8:15 pm (ie no ROE). I've got this from their web site. A friend has also told me that the buffet was poor and the bar closes very early.

Any other suggestions are appreciated. We need to make sure its not too expensive however as we don't want to shorten our stay.

Thanks

Darren

Country Inns & Suites, Lake Buena Vista http://www.countryinns.com/

Fairfield Inn, Lake Buena Vista http://www.marriott.com/fairfield-inn/travel.mi

Courtyard, Lake Buena Vista http://www.marriott.com/courtyard/travel.mi

The all offer Free shuttles to Walt Disney World and a free breakfast buffet.

davidpw97

For a long stay like that I would recommend an Embassy Suites. The Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista looks nice and has a restaurant and a bar. Plus the rooms are bigger than normal rooms and they have a very nice cook to order breakfast. According to the website they have a free shuttle to Disney parks but it doesn't say how frequently it runs. It doesn't mention a shuttle to any of the other parks. There is also an Embassy Suites near Sea World off of International Drive.
I have never stayed at either of these hotels before but I have stayed at an Embassy Suites before and they are all very nice and for a long stay like that i'd prefer a larger room with more space to spread out.
http://embassysuites1.hilton.com/en.../en/es/&xch=149140971,QWBWYK50JJLHMCSGBIW2VCQ

GrumpysGal

I also recommend Country Inn and Suites-Lake Buena Vista. They, too, have complimentary breakfast and shuttles to the park. It's really close to Downtown Disney (1 mile), as well. They are clean. It's fairly new. The standard king bed rooms are spacious. I was really happy with my experiences. I stayed there for several last minute trips.

junpit

Original Poster
I've decided

Hi

Thanks for the info. I have looked at the options and costs and have settled on the Comfort Inn. Interestingly enough the shuttles run late. They even have one at 12:30 am when MK opens late.

The bar doesn't close until 1am also and hence I think this will work well. Strangely enough the shuttles looke like their run by Town and Country as its a Rosen hotel. I've stayed at the quality inn plaza on idrive a few times before and its owned by the same people. Town and country aren't famous for comfort as the buses tend to be older but at least they have a regular service.

I'm off there for 3 weeks and I got it at a decent price.
Time to start the countdown!

-Darren

Cane27

We always stay at Residence Inn, either at LBV on Palm Parkway, or the one next to Sea World, one exit up on I-4. Prices are reasonable, and there's a full very complete buffet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom