Platform 9 3/4

Garron516

Original Poster
I wanted to know what anyone's ideas were about how/if they are going to try and pull off the illusion of "walking through a wall" to get to the platform. My idea was if they use a fog screen with a projection like on on POTC. The only problem I guess would be all that excess fog billowing at the bottom. Anyways, I would love to hear anyone elses thoughts about this!:)

Rob562

My thinking is that if they do it, it may be more of an effect with mirrors, etc that makes it look to people earlier in the queue that people farther up in line are walking through a wall. Like some kind of window that you can look out into the platform area, people walk in from the right and "disappear" as they seemingly walk toward a wall.

-Rob

Mr Morrow

0011.jpg

This is Platform 9 3/4 at London Kings Cross train station!

bassman02

My guess would be on using a similar technique used in theatre production.
Where you have 2 set pieces painted to look as one but they have a gap,from the audience point of view it gives the illusion of someone walking through a wall.

They may be able to do something like this by having a sort of viewing area where other guests can look and see people seemingly pass straight through the wall but when your doing it its just like going through a walkway.

It would be a very tricky illusion to pull off though so I doubt it will happen.

WWd

My thinking is that if they do it, it may be more of an effect with mirrors, etc that makes it look to people earlier in the queue that people farther up in line are walking through a wall. Like some kind of window that you can look out into the platform area, people walk in from the right and "disappear" as they seemingly walk toward a wall.

-Rob
well well well, we got ourselves a time traveller here.

you predicted the future, dude

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom