Planning you're Days

Dayzie914

What are some techniques that some people have used for making the best out of their days.

I am going with a friend, just the two of us, what is the best order for the parks to get them all done?

Should we take advantage of early openings, I have heard that they are too crowded (buses and lines)?

How many days would you recomend? (we want to do a water park, if possible)

Thanks

m star

I would recommend six days for the main four parks, with an extra day for the water park if you want to do that.

If you are going to eat at a restaurant with Priority Seating for lunch or dinner, you should plan your days around those.

Early openings draw more people to that park, so it tends to cancel out the benefit of less crowds. As long as you are there right as a park opens, it should be about the same everywhere. However, the early openings do give you an extra hour in the parks.

We tend to park hop once every day. It just seems to work well. Epcot and MGM tend to be great evening parks, and MK and AK are good in the morning. Sometimes you won't be able to follow that, but that is what we have found.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
AK and MGM are parks that can be done a day each. MK and EPCOT wall take 1-1/2 to 2 days each. MK, EPCOT and MGM all have shows that take place at or near park closing that you won’t want to miss. Disney Quest can take anywhere from ½ to a full day. Also you will probably want to allow some time for the downtown Disney area as well as an evening at PI. One of Disney’s hidden gems is the Boardwalk hotel. Behind the hotel is a 1930’s theme boardwalk that has some great clubs (Jellyrolls is my favorite) and restaurants. I’ve had mixed experiences with early openings. Some times I’ve had the park all to myself, others it seems to be about the same as a normal opening. If you don’t use the early openings avoid the park that opened early. Last but not least get to the park at least half an hour before it opens.

However, unless you are at a financial point in your life that you can go to WDW and come back when you are done trying to fit everything WDW has to offer into 1 trip is difficult if not impossible. The best advice I can give to you prioritize what you want to do and if you don’t get to something save it for the next trip.

Upvote 0

tigger248

Long vacations are great, but I usually have a tight budget (college... :brick: ). So, I can usually get through what I want to see in the parks in about 4-5 days. I would recommend like 5 days, one for each park and then an extra for anything you miss or want to experience again. Keep in mind DAK closes at 5 and many people can get through it before that time. After closing, you'd still have the evening for another park. I'd add on an extra day for the water park as well. I've never went to an early opening, and never had a problem seeing all I wanted to. Remember to utilize fast pass and your smaller group size may be an advantage as well.

Upvote 0

rosebud's mom

I've always had great experiences with early entry. Plan a brunch instead of breakfast and hit the long lines attractions during the early entry.

Have a great trip !

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Dayzie914 said:
What are some techniques that some people have used for making the best out of their days.

I am going with a friend, just the two of us, what is the best order for the parks to get them all done?

Should we take advantage of early openings, I have heard that they are too crowded (buses and lines)?

How many days would you recomend? (we want to do a water park, if possible)

Thanks
1) I choose my park order around the closing hours, - choosing MK when SpectroMagic is running, and the others to suit.
2) I don't pay attention to EE and "avoiding the EE parks" - sure, if a park is too busy then I will hop, but you'll usually find that there is very little between any of them.
3) Ak - 3/4 of a day. EPCOT - 1-2 days, MGM 1 day & MK - 1-2 days. It all depends on how much you want to see & do, how busy the park is and whether you are prepared to eat on the move or take your time over your meals. Don't forget at least 1/2 a day for a water park and also 1/2 a day for DownTown Disney (not including Disney Quest, Cirque du Soleil)
4) Have fun

Upvote 0

lukacseven

The first thing to consider is the time of year you are planning on going. If it is during the summer months or around holidays, crowds and lines will be much larger. Secondly, have you or anyone else been there before? If so, have you had the opportunity to visit all of the parks? After you answer these questions, you can begin your planning based on the results.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom