Planning Your Big Disney Wedding...

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Good Morning All...Relax..You think at 60 iam getting married for the third time..No way..;)...After looking at photos on today's Disney food blog,I was curious if anyone out there has had or been to a magical wedding at WDW...Now myself & Mrs Hatter decided ( after getting engaged in Crete ) to get married on the island the year after our engagement..( never regretted it )Getting back to WDW.. So apart from the wonderful location,and all the razzmatazz,here's my big question..How much does the average Disney wedding cost..??:inlove:

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Good Morning All...Relax..You think at 60 iam getting married for the third time..No way..;)...After looking at photos on today's Disney food blog,I was curious if anyone out there has had or been to a magical wedding at WDW...Now myself & Mrs Hatter decided ( after getting engaged in Crete ) to get married on the island the year after our engagement..( never regretted it )Getting back to WDW.. So apart from the wonderful location,and all the razzmatazz,here's my big question..How much does the average Disney wedding cost..??:inlove:
Far too much :(
Looking at the Disney wedding site a vow renewal for 6 people inc bride/groom is $2000 :eek:

Might have to do a sneaky one at POR in 2015 officiated by Reverend Hatter:cautious:;):happy:

zurgandfriend

There was a TV program on a couple that had a Disney Wedding on either the food network or the travel network, I can't remember which a few ago. A full blown Disney wedding at the wedding pavillion at the GF and with pumpkin coach, characters at the reception and at a tea for the ladies the day before etc. The total cost, which they revealed at the end of the program was $50,000.00 if I remember correctly. The brides father was a doctor so I guess he could afford it.

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
There was a TV program on a couple that had a Disney Wedding on either the food network or the travel network, I can't remember which a few ago. A full blown Disney wedding at the wedding pavillion at the GF and with pumpkin coach, characters at the reception and at a tea for the ladies the day before etc. The total cost, which they revealed at the end of the program was $50,000.00 if I remember correctly. The brides father was a doctor so I guess he could afford it.
:jawdrop: that is all

Krsta Richline

My husband and I got married at Disney World in 1999. Got married at the Wedding pavilion and had about 50 guests. Had the reception at the Grand Floridian. Which included a cocktail hour before the reception. Disney handled everything.... They made the invitations, did the flowers, food, cake and even arranged where my husband and his best man got their tuxes. The only thing I had to do was look for a wedding dress. All in all, it was about $15,000, I believe. But that was 14 yrs ago, so I'm sure the prices have gone WAY up. Basically you could have your wedding anywhere anyway you want for the right price :happy:

KJ1081

We got married at the Poly in May 2011. We had an escape wedding at 10 am with 6 guests plus my husband and I. We had brunch at Kona Cafe after the ceremony, and we were in MK by 1! That's my kinda wedding- get all that mushy crap over and done with, hahaha. That evening we all did the Wishes dessert party and we had a 6am photo shoot in the MK a few days later. That mean I had to get that huge foofoo dress on and get the hair/makeup done all over again, which was a total pain (I'm sooo NOT a girly girl) but worth it for the amazing pics we had. All together, including a 10 day honeymoon in the World and doing a split stay at POR/POFQ with dining plan, we came in just over 6 grand. That being said, you each get an AP as a gift from Disney (plus matching Disney Fairy Tale Wedding watches), so we didn't have to pay for tix and we used our AP discount to book rooms for our family to save them $$. We had an amazing pin code that saved us much more than the AP, which is why everything was so cheap.

PartOfYourWorld

Just got married down at Sea Breeze Point on the Boardwalk in May of this year. We had an Escape wedding with 11 guests (including us) at 10 am. I hired outside photography for our wedding day, did Bridal potraits in the Magic Kingdom the day after. Not including our hotel stay we paid less than $10,000.

wdwpooh1027

I am getting married at Disney in the Wedding Pavilion Dec 8th of this year. It really all depends on what u want,such as flowers and decor, photography and characters if u want them. Its $2000 to rent the WP but u end up getting $1000 back if you dont use it. Also depends on the day and time. Sat is expensive and anything after 2:30pm plus a role on price.

Sweet Melissa

The least expensive Disney wedding package is currently the Memories collection, which is for a maximum of six people for $2,000. After that, Escape weddings for 20 people or fewer start at around $4,500. If you have more than 20 guests, then you have to go with the Wishes wedding package, which activates a minimum expenditure of $10,000 for weekday morning weddings, but can be as much as $20,000 for peak season, Saturday evening weddings.

We're getting married at the Swan on a Tuesday evening, and having a dinner reception at Todd English's bluezoo afterward. The packages for Swan/Dolphin weddings start at $2,000, and can go way up from there depending on what all you book through the event planners. We have 20 people attending our wedding including us, and I think total costs, including floral, photography, attire, cocktail hour, dinner, linens, rentals, marriage license, musicians, cake, stylists, etc. is going to be roughly $13k. That doesn't include rings, flights, park tickets, room rentals, honeymoon costs or the other events that we're doing outside the wedding day (welcome party, rehearsal dinner, brunch the day after the wedding).

weedles

I am getting married at Disney in the Wedding Pavilion Dec 8th of this year. It really all depends on what u want,such as flowers and decor, photography and characters if u want them. Its $2000 to rent the WP but u end up getting $1000 back if you dont use it. Also depends on the day and time. Sat is expensive and anything after 2:30pm plus a role on price.

Just to clarify the fee for the WP is $3000 for 2013 ($2000 for SBP or other locations) ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom