Planning WDW wedding from UK... help!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Hi Im from the UK - Its a long way away yet but I do want to start looking into it - I literally have no idea where to start.

I have spoken to most family - few more to liaise with this weekend :)
Then i'm thinking bridesmaid proposals - I am waiting on Disney wedding brochure - I will then call them as i dont seem to be able to get hold of an email address I can contact them on...?

So for my guests and ourselves we will need to book into a Disney resort for discounted rooms around the wedding time?

How do i get hold of a marriage licence ? - do i need to do this before we can be married in Florida?

How do i get make up artist/hair stylist for the day ?

I am so so excited but very daunted as its planning out wedding overseas - but it sounds as though the planners take all the stress out of things?

do you know of any hidden costs etc and when your daughter planned online - was the cost a lot different ? Do you mind me asking how much the wedding cost and what package/included she had?

Is this all what i need to discuss with the planner - again do you have an email for them ? xx

Laura, I'm going to send you a personal message to answer all your questions, since I don't want to hijack the original poster's topic with a discussion between the two of us.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
lol sorry - see im a complete newbie i wouldn't even see that :(

thank you xx

I just sent it to you. Next to the Alerts tab on the top right corner of the page, you will see Inbox. The private message will be there, and like Alerts, a number indicator in red shows when you have one. Talk to you soon. :)

Luv4disney

Hi and congrats to you both,
My sister is getting married 10/2016 escape package,
You apply for your Florida marriage license by mail up to two months before the wedding via mail if needed, I think she said it cost 200.00 US. They will tell you the website, or you can apply in person up to the day of in person in Florida, they have the list of places to go.
I'm hiring www.fairytalehairandmakeup.com for her,
They come to your room, 200.00 for bride hair makeup and lashes & travel fee.
Everyone else is 150.00 each, hair and makeup.
The hidden costs are anything you keep adding on, that can climb quite fast.
She is having a private dessert party later that night at Epcot/fireworks.

Best of luck

TXDisney

It's the easiest to literally everything through Disney. That's what we did and it made the planning easy. Disney is pretty picky on what you can even do outside of them bc they don't want a drop in quality. The only thing we didn't do through Disney was our photographer. We wanted to use one of Tgeres but they couldn't do our photo shoot inside the park after the wedding for an additional 3 weeks after our wedding. We live in Texas so we weren't about to do another trip to wdw a week after our honeymoon. Bc of that we used one of few outside photographers Disney allows the do there weddings. And we were pleased.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom