Planning to Work for Disney...

jbbraud

Original Poster
My wife and I will retire in the next couple of years and hope to move to Orlando. I have always wanted to work for Disney, driving a bus. Can anyone tell me what is the current pay scale for new employees?

Pirate665

For Transportation you're looking at anywhere between 6.75 and 8.50 depending. Also, it's required you get your CDL with endorsment. That's about it, if you survive casting. (Tips: Smile, look them in the eye, and be excited to work for WDW. The questions they ask sometimes can throw you off, so be careful in your answers.)

>Steve

monorailguy01

SO how hard would it be to get a job there? or do they hire just about everone? I really want to be a CM I think it's the best job but the pay is crappy I hear...

tirian

It's only crappy if you want to be wealthy. :lol: Honestly, the full-time, hourly payscale is decent for middle class, about what one would make working full-time at a department store. You're just expected to care a lot more about your job! The only people who make truly crappy pay are the College Program kids, but most corporate college programs (Disney or not) pay very little.

monorailguy01

Does Disney offer benefits? like medical or 401K stuff like that?

just one more question... If you work for Disney Could you live on property, and how expensive is it?

Pirate665

What you lack in the pay area, you are treated liike a King in the benifits. Disney could've offered you some help with a home in Celebration, but no longer. Now, your best bet is to try and find a place in Celebration for cheap by seeing a realtor or going for something in South Orlando or more north. Just don't try to live to close, the prices are insane and the apartment communities that are cheap, are all income restricted.

>Steve

typhoonguy

monorailguy01 said:
Does Disney offer benefits? like medical or 401K stuff like that?

just one more question... If you work for Disney Could you live on property, and how expensive is it?

Disney offers some really good options for insurance. The price is WAY below the national average for health insurance. 401k is offered for Office and Technical staff as well as a few other unions. There is also a Disney Stock Purchase program as well as a pension plan. Then of course theme park admissions, hotel discounts, maingate pass, discounts all over Florida, ect... the benefits are great! You can't really live on property, but you can live close. It takes me 2 minutes from my door to Pop Century. There are also apartments and homes close to Downtown Disney, Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom. Some within 5 or 10 minutes of. There are also lots of new housing developements being built behind the Magic Kingdom. Prices here are EXTREMELY inflated and a fairly general rule is the closer to disney, the higher the price. *PLEASE NOTE I SAID "GENERAL" RULE* as this is not always the case, but usually. Also note that the paygrade for bus drivers is slightly higher than what that first post said, but I don't believe I'm authorized to tell you directly what it is. But casting can help! Good luck and have fun!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom