Planning to bring a stroller to Disneyland? You better read this OCR article

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Folks, PLEASE think before you just leave something expensive sitting somewhere out of your position...

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/03/07/disneyland-visitors-ask-dude-wheres-my-stroller/

>>
But such arrests are rare, and few people think about safety when they’re in the parks.

“You walk in there and go into La-La land,” said Disneyland annual passholder Ana Espinoza of Long Beach. “People forget there are people out there who are not honest.”

Espinoza said her stroller was stolen a few months ago outside It’s a Small World. A Disneyland employee helped her look for it, and then she saw a woman pushing it around with a child on board.

“If I hadn’t seen the lady, I wouldn’t have gotten it back,” Espinoza said. “I said, ‘Did you think you were just going to walk off with our stroller? She said, “This is mine.”

Espinoza said she had put her name on the bottom of her stroller, so Disneyland security was able to turn it over and verify her ownership.

On another occasion, a guest said she saw a man walking out of the park with her stroller, confronted him but he refused to give it back. By the time she found security, the man was gone.

“It happens quite frequently,” Espinoza said. “Being a former employee, I can tell you. I worked Main Street retail and people would come in and report it. They’d be looking all over. I think it’s more now that strollers are so much more expensive. You can see $1,500 strollers walking around now. If I had a $1,500 stroller I would definitely never take it to Disneyland.”

Espinoza said she now brings a cheaper stroller to Disneyland, and gives it to her aunt to use as well. “Even with a cheap $20 stroller, my aunt worries.”<<

>>
Travel agent Merino said she used to bring an old, “messed-up stroller with a rip in it” to Disneyland, but now she actually packs a stroller that folds small enough to fit into a backpack. “If my clients want to bring a stroller, I recommend an umbrella stroller,” she said.

How to keep your stroller safe:

1. Buy a wheel lock. Do not attach the stroller to rails or fences, because sometimes they must be moved to make way for a parade, for example. But strollers with locked rear wheels can still be moved for short distances.
  2. Put your name and etch your drivers license number on the stabilizing bars underneath, which will provide proof of ownership.
  3. Don’t leave anything valuable in the pockets.
  4. Take a photo of your stroller with your kids in it as you walk into the park, in case you need it later for identification purposes.
  5. If you buy merchandise on Main Street, keep your receipt and pick it up on the way out, so you don’t have to store it in the stroller while it’s unattended.<<
Much more at the link.

westie

I saw a story a couple months back on KTLA about a woman who was a passholder who would steal peoples high end strollers and sell them on craigslist. I wonder if its the same person?

Phroobar

$1,500 for a STROLLER???? Is it made by BMW? Does it fly? Does it have auto-drive and parallel park itself???
10035844.jpg

Phroobar

I've had a stroller stolen at Disneyland. All I could do was put in a theft report with Disney security. They said sometimes people take the wrong stroller. Fortunately it was a cheap umbrella stroller so I didn't care much. We never leave anything in them. It's way too easy to "go shopping" through parked strollers.

Ismael Flores

I wish they would put size limitations of strollers just like airlines put size limitation on luggage for in park use.

i especially think something needs to be done with strollers that sit three or four children side by side. Man those things are huge, saw this one man with his kids in line for the toy story shuttle. They waited till they got to front of the line then asked kids to get off and then had to figure out how to fold the thing and try and squeeze it through the bus door. meanwhile other stops had two or three buses come and go. worse thing is how many people hit the stroller as they tried to walk past it on the bus to get seat

Ismael Flores

Could be. I was thinking over by the Haunted Mansion. Where do you think that is?
you are probably correct about it being somewhere by Huanted Mansion. not to many areas at Disneyland have planters with those brickworks. There used to be some of those planters near the old tour area and city hall but i think they have been changed to bigger bricks and painted white now

Phroobar

When that picture was taken the Haunted Mansion would have been a few years old. I think the picture was in '73 which would have made us 4 and 1 years old.

TP2000

What kind of kid doesn't let his baby sister into her stroller at Disneyland?

bVYqiMj.jpg

Gotta love the 70's bell bottom pants I'm wearing.
Bonus question: Can you guess where in Disneyland this picture was taken?

It's in New Orleans Square, near the French Market patio. The forest green slurry is the giveaway.

SuddenStorm

Once, like a decade ago, I was with my fam- and my younger sister who was still stroller age. We parked the stroller in NoS- and when we came back, our stroller (which was older and beat up) was gone, but the exact same stroller in much better condition was near where we had left ours. We assumed someone took the wrong stroller by accident, and left that one there.

That day marked the end of my sister getting a stroller, and some poor family ended up with a much crappier version of their stroller.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom