Planning question and booking dates

aristocats

Hi, i am in the process of booking our trip for Feb 2010 :D

In case they offer again the 4/3free deal like this year. I am not sure how to book. I really plan on staying only 5 nights, but if the offer the deal i want to do the 7 days. So should i book the 7 nights, and hope to be able to delete days, or should i book the 5 nights i want for sure, and add nights if we decide to stay longer. I am afraid if i try to add days then i might not get what i want later?

Any suggestions?

corey154

I booked a trip for october before the resident rates came out with hopes that they would. i went ahead and booked all the days i wanted and figured if i had too i'd cancel the days i needed too. but i got lucky and the florida resident rates came out and i got to keep all my days i wanted. the only problem i had was the original rooms i booked weren't one of the special rates, so i had to book an upgrade (but was still cheaper than the original price)

i've booked trips in the past and wanted to add days to find out the rooms were all full...

Upvote 0

rangerman

I would book the days I wanted, in your case 5. If they come out with a 4/3 plan then cancel the original reservation and rebook. I forget the exact window but I know that you do have time where you can cancel without penalty.

As I recall, the 4/3 plan that we took advantage of last May was based on availablity at certain resorts. Odds are you would have to change locations from your original reservation anyway.

Good luck.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

Unless you are dead set on a certain room at a certain hotel, I might suggest holding off. By all accounts, the discounts are based on demand at a given hotel. So say they want each hotel to be 80% booked. So if you reserve a room at POR, and it ends up being 80% booked in your category, they won't offer a discount at that resort, in that category. POFQ may only be 70% booked, so they would instead offer the discount there. Thats a real rough breakdown, who knows the real numbers, but it is something to keep in mind.

If you do book it, you should have no problems modifying it within the parameters of the reservations for cancelation etc. But when to book it is up to you.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom