Planning My Mornings

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Barring any unforeseen issues, DH and I are going to WDW for a belated anniversary trip in November. I've given him the green light to sleep in on any given day while I run off to play in the parks. While I'm really just planning on hitting all of my faves that he hates, I'm trying to figure out how to handle the whole FP+ situation. These are the options I've come up with so far...

1. I could just book our first 3 FP+ for after he wakes up, I don't love this idea. I mean, even if I'm touring in the early mornings by myself, I could still benefit from FP+. Still, it's the least complicated plan.

2. I could book FP+ to my band for early mornings and book later attractions to his band for him....then hopefully I can get similar FP+ times for those same attractions on his after I've exhausted my first 3 while he's sleeping...or even try and shift his around at that point to match what I'm able to get.

3. I know I've seen people swap out bands...i.e. husband goes on TOT using FP+, then uses wife's band to get a second ride on TOT using her FP+. If DH is asleep, he's not going to need his band. While it may be a loophole that Disney has closed (or will close), I've seen numerous people say that an active magic band doesn't need to be scanned for park entry to make the FP+s loaded to it work. If this loophole hasn't been closed, in theory, I should be able to book 3 initial FP+ to my band and another 3 FP+ to his band...use them all before he wakes up...and be ready to give him his band back and book additional FP+ after he's rolled out of bed.

I've got a lot of time to figure this out, and I'm sure things will change over the next 6 or so months, but I want to form a preliminary plan. Anyone have any thoughts?

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
If his magic band is not checked in at the front gate his FP+ will not work on his magic band to ride

Good to know. The system was actually permitting this to happen for a while and it's been discussed in great depth on other forums, but I'm guessing Disney has gotten wise to this.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
@HouCuseChickie, as long as your trip is not Thanksgiving week, you will find November to be a much less crowded time to tour the parks. If hubby wants to sleep in and you arrive at any park at rope drop, you will be able to do whatever you want without utilizing FP+. I would save your 3 FP+ for when he is able to join you. And because crowds are smaller, you will have lots of flexibility to adjust your FP+ while you are there. And since it is just the two of you (no kids or other family) you will find the time you do have to wait in lines sweeter because your focus can be on each other and not trying to calm cranky kids or complaining relatives. It is precious "uninterrupted" time to talk to each other. And if you are going at a slower pace, you will notice more of the details in the parks you may not have before.

If you are more of a Disney fan than hubby, offer to let him choose a certain must-see attraction, restaurant or activity. He will be happy doing what he wants and even if it is not your favorite, well it is still Disney, how bad could it be ;)?

I love going to Disney with my kids, family and friends...but I love my time at Disney with my hubby most of all. And the two of us will be at WL Nov. 16-22 :D

jlsHouston

I think in the mornings, you will be able to easily walk on 3-5 rides at any park within a 3 hour block of time. After than I am sure he's going to be calling and texting where are you.... Your number 2 idea is probably a viable option too.

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
@HouCuseChickie, as long as your trip is not Thanksgiving week, you will find November to be a much less crowded time to tour the parks. If hubby wants to sleep in and you arrive at any park at rope drop, you will be able to do whatever you want without utilizing FP+. I would save your 3 FP+ for when he is able to join you. And because crowds are smaller, you will have lots of flexibility to adjust your FP+ while you are there. And since it is just the two of you (no kids or other family) you will find the time you do have to wait in lines sweeter because your focus can be on each other and not trying to calm cranky kids or complaining relatives. It is precious "uninterrupted" time to talk to each other. And if you are going at a slower pace, you will notice more of the details in the parks you may not have before.

If you are more of a Disney fan than hubby, offer to let him choose a certain must-see attraction, restaurant or activity. He will be happy doing what he wants and even if it is not your favorite, well it is still Disney, how bad could it be ;)?

I love going to Disney with my kids, family and friends...but I love my time at Disney with my hubby most of all. And the two of us will be at WL Nov. 16-22 :D

Nope- we're a few weeks before Thanksgiving. It is the tail end of Jersey week, F&W is ending/Wine & Dine half, Veteran's Day, and the starts of MVMCP and Osborne Lights - so that's going to boost crowds a bit. Still, if it's just me and it's that 9-11am stretch, I think I should be able to accomplish a bit ... from attractions to going nuts with my camera (since I'm usually having to take all of those detail shots while trying to keep up with the fam).

Our 180 is next weekend and the dining I have mapped out is definitely tailored more to his tastes or things we wouldn't enjoy as much with the kids.

Funny, we went for almost those exact same dates back in 2012. We were there Nov 15-21. Of course, Thanksgiving was early that year, so some of our trip had the crazy Thanksgiving crowds.

I think in the mornings, you will be able to easily walk on 3-5 rides at any park within a 3 hour block of time. After than I am sure he's going to be calling and texting where are you.... Your number 2 idea is probably a viable option too.

Ultimately, only the traditionally super popular attractions "should" be a concern. I mean, I'm sure I could ride IASW to my heart's content if I really wanted to. :D Seriously though, Peter Pan, TT, Soarin', TSMM, and 7DMT are the biggest concerns. So, maybe a blend of 1 & 2 on some days.

jlsHouston

I don't know I never made it on IASW in March because I didn't FP it and I never saw the wait times less than 45 minutes.....It was a really popular ride over spring break.

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
I don't know I never made it on IASW in March because I didn't FP it and I never saw the wait times less than 45 minutes.....It was a really popular ride over spring break.

Wondering if it was b/c it was spring break or if it's all of the recent attention over the 50th anniversary. Of course, it could just be the curse of adding FP to everything. :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom