PLANNING FOR DISNEYLAND (IN PARIS)

Tyree

Original Poster
Sup, y'all, I'm hoping to go to Disneyland Paris next summer (I can't afford the American one just yet), since it's my first time. Can I get any tips on how to plan and budget the trip for a good first experience?

Thanks, Mouseketeers!

fradz

You should provide us with some more information first I believe.

- How many days are you staying?
- Are you planning on staying on property?
- What is your approximate budget?
- With who are you going? Do they like thrills? Dark rides?

Tyree

Original Poster
Ok thanks

- 1-2 weeks.
- If that means staying at a hotel, then yes.
- That's something I need help on.
- I'm going with my brother. He's fine with dark rides.

Thank you, please excuse my naiveté.

fradz

You wanna stay 1-2 ... weeks? At Disneyland Paris?
No offense, I really love that you're so enthusiast about the parks.. But 3, maybe 4 days is more than enough. There are just 2 parks and a tiny shopping / entertainment "village".

If you're going for an extended period, it might be beneficial to go for an Annual pass (chose the tier that you'd like, depending on what you're looking after. Early Magic Hours are included in the 2 highest tiers) and then buy either "nuit sèche" (night only at the hotel, no tickets to park included). However, otherwise, the Disney Hotels grant you that early access regardless.
Prices for "Nuits sèches" (also count that if you go for this, your Annual Pass can grant you major discounts) :
https://www.hellodisneyland.com/hotels-disneyland-paris/tarifs-nuits-seches-hotels-disney/
Prices for packages can be found here, including the description:
http://us-holidays.disneylandparis.com/disney-package-description.html

Note that if you book a hotel suite (prices are not available online, but from experience it's around 1200€ for 2 persons, 2 days / 1night if you pick a "normal" suite, not the super fancy ones), you get a VIP FastPass (--> unlimited use of the FastPass line, without the need to book any FastPass).

If you give us a brief description on what you're after (e.g: full "VIP"-like package, budget stay, or anywhere in between); it would be quite useful for everyone here to help you!

AndyS2992

How I do Disneyland Paris:
-2 Adults usually
-5 days, Monday to Friday in the off season, usually Sep/Oct/Nov
-Get two 2 park/5 day park hopper passes (highly recommend the hopper option since the Studio park is pretty small currently)
-Eurostar via London to Marne La-Vallee (Disneyland) directly both ways, though flying may be a cheaper option depending where you live.
-Stay at Disney's Sequoia Lodge Standard room (a moderate hotel) or if you're on a budget then there's nothing wrong with Disney's Santa Fe or Cheyenne hotels which are a little cheaper since they are value hotels meaning not as nice and further away.
-We never eat in the parks, the food is mega over priced and doesn't taste that great so we eat in the Disney Village restaurants, they are a little more reasonable. The McDonald's there is a great option if you are on a budget as well as the convenience stores out in Eurostar/RER Train station. Spend around 100 Euros over the five days since we're cheap and go for the cheapest options possible.
-Souvenirs (like at any theme park) are expensive though there are a few bargains here and there. We usually buy pins, key chains and magnets which sets us back maybe 100 Euros for the whole trip, we don't spend much on this but this varies widely from person by person.
-Ride wise we do everything, if you are two adults and don't mind coasters and drop tower rides you will be fine.
-If you want a day in Paris city then just walk to the train station outside Disney Village and get tickets for the RER A line and hop on the train, 40 minute ride each way.

So hotel, park tickets and Eurostar for us usually comes to a total of about £850, souvenirs I budget a little over £100, and food is also usually £100, so overall on the cheap our visit comes to £1,200 overall, so you're looking to spend about £600pp on this trip if you do as I do.

I recommend studying the following websites to get a good idea of the place:
http://www.disneylandparis.co.uk/
http://www.dlpguide.com/

Map of the resort:
new-disneyland-paris-map.jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom