Planning DiveQuest

GoofyDufy

Original Poster
I am looking at planning around a member in our party going on the DiveQuest tour and have some questions.

It looks like the dive is 40 minutes but the tour is much longer.

How long from the start of the tour would onlookers see the divers get into the tank?

Where should onlookers go to get the best view of the diver?

How would the diver best be directed to this viewing spot to see onlookers?

Is it possible to see divers from the Nemo ride?

Does the tours end on time?

How long after the start of the tour should a dinner be at the Corral Reef restaurant be made (you know taking into account showering and changing)?

Embraer

Hope you haven't gone already and sorry for the delay in posting!

The DiveQuest dive does take around 40minutes in the water but there is the usual pre-dive briefing, so I'm pretty sure that we were at the meeting point about 90minutes before we dived.

The best place to view the divers is either from the viewing rotunda ie the viewing section which juts into the centre of the tank or if you are really good at co-ordination try and get a table actually in the Coral Reef Restaurant for when your friend dives.

After the dive and showering you get to watch yourself on the video that the cast members take of you so that was probably about 45minutes post-dive

mnfootballmommy

My hubby and BIL did this in '04 and I think they called and asked about times, etc. We were a party of 7 and they were the only two diving, so we needed to know when to see them, etc. We watched them walk into the dive area after they had changed into their wetsuits, saw them dive and even got on the video as they came over to the glass and floated in front of us while we waved. (Video is mainly stock footage with about 15-20 of your dive on it, but worth it as a keepsake) We left before they were done (and were chewed out for that!) and rode SSE while they finished up. We met them at Coral Reef for dinner--they were STARVED!

Of course, I don't have any specifics on time and such since it was over three years ago AND it was before the Nemo conversion (things may have changed). DH and BIL liked it, but said it was like diving in a fish tank (which, I guess, it is!)

DH said he probably wouldn't do it again UNLESS it was for the DD to see (she wasn't born before the last trip) and even then he wants her to be old enough to understand what he is doing. (Right now she is 2 and would want to go swimming WITH Dad and be mad that she couldn't!):lol: That being said, he was glad that he was able to do it at least once...it is a pretty cool thing to talk about!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom