planning books

dgtolbert222

are any of the 2008 books out yet, and which ones do you guys all use, last year i used the the official guide from Birnbaum's. We are going in Dec 08 and i am planning on getting another book any ideas, thanks in advance

TinkSassy

I love the book WDW with Kids - not sure if the new version is out yet, but there are some great tips in this book I haven't found in some of the others.

Upvote 0

mickey&me

The Hidden Mickeys guidebook is fun.

One not to get--Walt Disney World/Orlando for Dummies. I got this one really cheap at a sale and it wasn't good at all.

Upvote 0

Alexx

My family don't use any books to help us with our trips but for Christmas I got the birmbaums one just to read basically. Get that one it's good.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

I'm another Unofficial Guide fan - By the time they're printed and reach the book stores alot of it is out of date - read them in conjunction with the internet

Upvote 0

rimousefan84

Two years ago we used the Unofficial guide and Birnbaums. Both were excellent. However, this year DF and I are using Passporters, which offers great insight on dinning as well as folders for park tickets, fastpasses, ect. There are also sections for notes on each day of your vaca just in case you were planning on writing a TR :zipit:.

Either one will be a fun way to hold you over till your trip, but Passporter's would be my suggestion (and yes it has been out since early Dec.) Hope this helped. Have a wonderful trip!

JM

Upvote 0

DVC Mike

I like:
  1. The Unofficial Guide
  2. PassPorter's Guide
  3. The Complete Walt Disney World
  4. Birnbaum's WDW
The Complete Walt Disney World has over 400 color photos and is chock full of information.

Upvote 0

hadlicksr

I too only use unofficial and passporter. Our AAA agent gives us a free unofficial when we book. I like the passporter best because it can be written in. As I read about dinning options, I can make notes. when I make ressies, there is a place to put it. I use it for generalized itinerary plans. We take it to the parks, it holds receipts. I track mileage and gas in it (from our trip). I find it to be very versatile.

Upvote 0

lcsrig

We have used the Passporter for the past 5 years. They are folders to save tickets, maps, Mickey Dollars, etc. It has a place for us to record how each day was....best part, what we tried, what we would change. They have great maps. Its really a complete guide!

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I usually get them all to check out every year. I know Birnbaum releases theirs in Oct. of each year.

Have any of you ever read Disney on a Dime? I found out a while back that my agency is actually mentioned in there. Pretty cool....:sohappy:

Pam

Upvote 0

Pooh'sBuddy

I usually get them all to check out every year. I know Birnbaum releases theirs in Oct. of each year.

Have any of you ever read Disney on a Dime? I found out a while back that my agency is actually mentioned in there. Pretty cool....:sohappy:

Pam

That was the first book I bought. It is OK for different reasons than the normal planning books. It's geared towards saving for paying and reducing costs for the trip. A friend is borrowing right now, or I could give specific examples of good, helpful tips or duplicated information that I have found from you guys here.

jer

Upvote 0

maryszhi

i luv the unoffical guide: great advice for on property (where we always stay) as well as off. Its amaizing how much it works
~a dream is what your heart makes~
~when you wish upon a star~

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

Pam

While that is very cool, I found that to be one of the worst guidebooks out there - many inaccuracies, and the author wasn't very receptive to constructive feedback.

I recommend:

- Unofficial Guide
- Passporter
- Either one of Anne Easterling's books - The EZ Fun Guide to Walt Disney World or her new Mouse Map book.

Upvote 0

dgtolbert222

Original Poster
well i went out last night in the rain and got the unoffical guide and passporter and i stayed up most of the night reading, I dont know what I will do when i finish these two, we have 332 days till we arrive at the world and i am almost done with preparing to make ADR'S. Keep in mind we just got back from the world October 14 last year. Geez i have this whole Disney bug bad

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom