Planet Hollywood vs. Splitsville

thom1414

Original Poster
Hi just curious, I have never been to Splitsville and am looking forward to trying it. But the kids have never been to PH. Does anyone here have any preferences? (kids are 10 and 14, girl boy)

thanks in advance!

lunchbox1175

I am actually one of the few people that like PH, I do however love Splitsville, as it is really fun and the food is great. I will say that you should go to PH as well if you have never been, as it is going to be replaced in the new Disney Springs with something else, so you may want to be able to say that you have at least been there.

JasonDeyoung

Both are two of my favorites, Splitsville is new has more options for good and has a bowling alley and a dance club upstairs and live music at times has a outside bar as well so it's defiantly becoming very popular

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I'm curious to know why the wide margin. I have never been to Splitsville. But we just ate at Planet Hollywood and other than slow service, we enjoyed our meal.
For me, Planet Hollywood is essentially a tourist trap. It brings in lots of foreign guests by giving away coupons. The food is really average, and basically chain restaurant food at inflated prices. The interior is like a museum of 90s movies. It is rarely updated, and feels like a huge waste of space. Most of the servers look like they don't want to be there. To save costs, they keep people waiting outside, even though they have capacity inside but don't wish to go to the expense of opening up the space. There are much better choices at Downtown Disney.

lebeau

For me, Planet Hollywood is essentially a tourist trap. It brings in lots of foreign guests by giving away coupons. The food is really average, and basically chain restaurant food at inflated prices. The interior is like a museum of 90s movies. It is rarely updated, and feels like a huge waste of space. Most of the servers look like they don't want to be there. To save costs, they keep people waiting outside, even though they have capacity inside but don't wish to go to the expense of opening up the space. There are much better choices at Downtown Disney.

Can't disagree with most of what you wrote. Since we were on the dining plan, a lot of it didn't matter to us. The food was not great, but it was in-line with most of the meals we ate that week on property. So were the prices, but again, dining plan.

I love movies. So eating in a movie museum appeals to me. But, yeah, definitely focuses a little too strongly on the 90s. Since I have only ever stepped foot in the place once before more than 10 years ago, the rarity of updates didn't pose a problem.

Our server was friendly buy painfully slow. We had a lot of slow service during our stay at WDW, but I think PH was the slowest. Although our server at 50's PTC came close.

We were seated right away and didn't see anyone waiting outside. But I have heard of that happening.

We chose it because it seemed like the restaurant our kids would enjoy the most. They hate dinosaurs, so T-Rex was out. We're not fans of Rainforest Cafe. Splitsville was never really a consideration because it's a bowling alley. The food seemed secondary.

lebeau

I am actually one of the few people that like PH, I do however love Splitsville, as it is really fun and the food is great. I will say that you should go to PH as well if you have never been, as it is going to be replaced in the new Disney Springs with something else, so you may want to be able to say that you have at least been there.

I did not know that. Has that been confirmed?

Last edited:

shipley731

I haven't eaten in PH in years as the last few times I went the food wasn't that great. My husband and I both really like Splitsville. Good food & my husband can watch sports on the tv. It's definitely a favorite during the fall during football season.

KLeigh

Another vote for Splitsville! You really can't go wrong with this one. We stopped in for a quick bite one afternoon, and had the best lunch. Servers were friendly, quick, and didn't keep us waiting for the bill. The food was delicious, and we're looking to going back on our next trip.

sissa216

I have to agree so much!
I've been to Splitsville twice: once to bowl, and once to eat. Both experiences were great. The service at my meal was fantastic, and the food was good.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Oh, did we get confirmation that it was staying, the last I read and saw on the Concept Art was that it was closing and being replaced by something called the Observatory. I am trying to find that.
Yes the building is getting a rework into the Observatory, but PH are staying inside it (unless that has recently change). It will at least look better on the exterior.

melmel89

Splitsville the food is great, and I have always found the service to be better there too. the loaded fries are a must try if you go there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom