Plan on EXTREMELY large crowds and SUPER long lines

Ghostdog

DD and I got here Monday, i thought I’d pop in an give a brief update on crowds and attraction wait times: EXTREMELY large crowds and wait times are SUPER LONG.

To give an example; the line for RocknRoller coaster went all the back to the turkey leg stand at HS yesterday…no joke!

We’re not ones for standing in an 120 minute line for an attraction we’ve ridden in the past.

Yesterday at HS we only rode Smugglers Run (new to us) and only because we opted for single rider and didn’t care if we were split up. We just wanted the experience. It’s a great ride.

We hopped over to MK last night after an afternoon nap during a rain shower and managed to ride, Space Mountain (DD did single rider). During the fireworks we walked right on to Buzz, Haunted Mansion, Pirates and we were the last boat for Jungle Cruise at 10:00. It turned out to be a nice evening.

This trip was paid for mostly by Disney Visa rewards but with no FP+, no dining plan (yep we’re avid DDP people and it’s totally worth it) had we known the crowds were at this level we more than likely would have chosen to go elsewhere for our quick girls trip.

Last edited:

Sunni9998

Thank you for the heads up. We leave 4 weeks from tomorrow (SO EXCITED!). We expect it to be pretty crowded and plan to just roll with it and hope for less crowded "next time".

Upvote 0

chrisvee

Premium Member
I’m here now and it’s pretty darn crowded. We’ve tried a couple of times to head to F&W at EPCOT for dinner and most of the booths have lines 20 deep.

The parks are crowded as well.

But I would expect that to ease up in a couple of weeks with school starting in many places.

Upvote 0

Audee25

We were there last Monday Aug. 2 and I have never seen so many people. We could only get 3 rides in during a 6 hour window at HS and one was ROTR so we had virtual line (thanks for all the tips to get that! we scored group 16) for it at least (slinky dog at rope drop took about an hour and 20 mins and mickey and minnie's runaway took about an hour and a half). We waited in rockin rollercoaster line for about 30 minutes and barely moved at all while in the blazing sun uncovered so gave up. We then hopped to MK and the seven dwarfs attraction took 1 hour and 45 mins around 3:30 pm. We opted for some smaller attractions later in the day and did notice some of the posted wait times were actually much longer than the actual wait thank goodness. We went to Universal on Wednesday and the express pass 100% made the experience worth it. I do think that Disney needs to implement some kind of fast pass/ virtual que situation ASAP in order to alleviate the crazy congestion of these lines because currently it definitely does not feel like a good value with the pricing of tickets currently and has definitely deterred us from visiting again anytime soon until they have some system in place.

Upvote 0

OneofThree

maybe the mask policy will keep some of the locals away???
Rumor has it Disney is wanting to move away from packing as many bodies into the parks as they can. The most effective way to handle that IMO, is to reduce incentives for CM's and locals (such as myself, in the interest of full disclosure).

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom