Placing a hold on CC at check in?

Disdude71

I have not visited WDW since before Covid. Do they require a monetary hold on a credit card at POP for check in? I am trying to do this next visit on a the cheap and cannot afford them to hold anything on my card since I will be using that for my trip expenses and I don't usually charge anything to my room anyway.

nickys

Premium Member
I have not visited WDW since before Covid. Do they require a monetary hold on a credit card at POP for check in? I am trying to do this next visit on a the cheap and cannot afford them to hold anything on my card since I will be using that for my trip expenses and I don't usually charge anything to my room anyway.
According to the FAQs, they will place a hold for any amount still outstanding plus $100. Anything you charge to the room will also be added, and charged either at check-out or on Day 5 (there also used to be a certain limit at which they would run the card).

Assuming you have paid in full, that means they will place a hold for $100 which will be released at check-out, although be aware some CC companies take longer to release the hold.

Coming from the U.K. we use pre-paid VISA cards to avoid transaction fees. Maybe you could look into a pre-paid card to put on file, so it doesn’t affect your regular card.

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
None of my business telling another man how to spend his money, but are you sure this trip is a good idea if you can't absorb a temporary $100 hold on your credit card?

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Got it, thanks! Perhaps I will do that. Thank you. I wonder if they would take a cash hold as well?
No. The policy was apparently changed due to people failing to pay their bills. But using a separate card to the one you want to use for spending means it shouldn’t impact you during your stay.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
None of my business telling another man how to spend his money, but are you sure this trip is a good idea if you can't absorb a temporary $100 hold on your credit card?
To be fair, that policy hasn’t always worked the way it should. Certainly at the start it was all over the place.

I can understand why someone might be wary of using their “spending” CC for the front desk.

Upvote 0

Disdude71

Original Poster
None of my business telling another man how to spend his money, but are you sure this trip is a good idea if you can't absorb a temporary $100 hold on your credit

It has nothing to do with that. I just didn't want to use the same card that I was using for my expenses to have a $100 hold on it is all.

Upvote 0

Ariel1986

Anyone know if this is still the mess it was when it was first launched? Where for every $100 charged to the room a $100 hold was placed on the card & those holds were still in place when the balance was charged on the 5th day?

Upvote 0

Clamman73

It has nothing to do with that. I just didn't want to use the same card that I was using for my expenses to have a $100 hold on it is all.
You can store up to 6 cards on your account...I guess if you're paying for something through the app just pick from the card you want to...if that answers your question.

Upvote 0

Patcheslee

Anyone know if this is still the mess it was when it was first launched? Where for every $100 charged to the room a $100 hold was placed on the card & those holds were still in place when the balance was charged on the 5th day?
There was a bit of a work around on the multiple holds when we went in 2018. I paid off around $400 in charges on day 4 of a 10 day visit. After that another hold wasn't placed until the $400 threshold was passed because the initial hold was still active.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom