Places NOT to miss

rigama

Original Poster
Lay it on me! I'd like to hear your favorite places to eat. Sit down and Counter service.

So far my list includes:
50's Prime Time Cafe
HoopDeeDoo Review
CRT or 1900 at Grand Floridian

I only need 18 more "meals"!

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
MK - Casey's
MGM - 50's Prime
AK - Flame Tree
EPCOT - Le Cellier
Downtown Disney - Raglan Road

Resorts -
Beachs & Cream - Beach Club
Chef Mickey's - Contemporary
Ohana - Poly.

There's my input...Now I'm HUNGRY!!!!!!!

doop

Most of my choices are Counter-Service:

MK: Cosmic Ray's or Pecos Bills, I can't help you with table service, never have had it in MK.
MGM: Backlot Express or Rosie's All American Cafe, I've also heard amazing reviews about both 50's primetime and sci fi.
Epcot: Biergarten

barnum42

Flame Tree BBQ
Tusker House
Boma
Mara
Both the waiter and counter service places in Epcot
Before they turned it into a princess meet- the restaurant in Norway.

DisneyPhD

Columbia Harbor House in MK (across from Hunted Mansion) is a great CS meal. We found 2 adults meals of chicken and fish were enough for the 4 of us (saving a CS meal for later.) If it is busy, there is an upstairs to sit in too.

Tusker house in AK is good too.

You can't go wrong with Pizza Planet at MGM (your DS will love the whole Toy story theme.)

The land at Epcot has a good CS place. Very good for the Dinning plan because it is pretty pricey for CS.

If you like seafood Coral Reef at the Living Seas is only one TS and is good (but $ food). It can be a great meal with the Dinning plan. Make sure to get ADR's in advance.

Speaking of Epcot, don't skimp on it because you assume you DS won't like it. There is so much to do there and stuff for kids too. There are Kid ______ masks to decorate for each country. There are also tag necklaces to decorate at many of the FW locations (The land, Living Seas, Test Track, Inventions, and maybe Mission space.)

Also there is a fun play area in the back of mission space while you wait for someone to ride it. In addition they have one part that is "green" meaning it doesn't spin and you aren't going to get sick that if you DS is tall enough he might enjoy. My DD was not (I think it is 44 inches). The wait wasn't as long for the green one.

Also there is a ton of fun things to do in Innovations. Spend some time there. If you have a Disney Visa you can get a free picture (from 1:30 to 4:30.) Oh and the light up sidewalks near there are night are a big hit. :p

BTW, Hi. I am Mrs. PhD too if you haven't figured it out. Glad you came over here. :wave:

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
MK Pecos Bill counter service
Crystal Palace Full Buffet
Chef Mickey (Contemporary Resort Buffet)

Epcot
The Land food area (multi options cafeteria style)
Le Cellier CANADA Full service

AK Tusker house
Boma Buffet

:king:

rigama

Original Poster
wow, Great suggestions! Thanks, and keep em coming!

DisneyPhd-I realized who you were just today as I was reading another thread! Thanks for the direction over here :kiss:

pinkrose

Resorts...Whispering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge. :slurp: It's yummy and a lot of fun! We really enjoyed Jiko on our trip in Nov. Boma is good also.

MK...Crystal Palace is our favorite. The Plaza is really good too.

Epcot ... Le Cellier and Chefs de France are our favorite sit downs

MGM... Brown Derby :slurp: It's 2 credits though. 50's Prime Time is good and a lot of fun. Staring Rolls Bakery is a great place to grab some breakfast.

AK... Flame Tree and Tusker House are good.

DisneyPhD

wow, Great suggestions! Thanks, and keep em coming!

DisneyPhd-I realized who you were just today as I was reading another thread! Thanks for the direction over here :kiss:

I thought so. I didn't you to think I was stalking you. It sounds like you have been having fun planning this trip. I hope you all have a blast!

rigama

Original Poster
I thought so. I didn't you to think I was stalking you. It sounds like you have been having fun planning this trip. I hope you all have a blast!

Having TONS of fun planning this trip, though I feel I've been neglecting the other board! Hopefully the effort I put in now will pay off in a few months.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Oooooooooh yes we too LOVE the Whispering Canyon Cafe...especially good for families!!!:)

Ok DisneyPhD....must add GO STATE!!!!:wave: :D Last year we met up with fellow Spartan friends and had our own IZZONE delegation at ESPN Club Orlando....there were a few Wolverines in the crowd btw NOT wearing their colors...AND STATE BEAT MICHIGAN....:animwink:

DisneyPhD

Oooooooooh yes we too LOVE the Whispering Canyon Cafe...especially good for families!!!:)

Ok DisneyPhD....must add GO STATE!!!!:wave: :D Last year we met up with fellow Spartan friends and had our own IZZONE delegation at ESPN Club Orlando....there were a few Wolverines in the crowd btw NOT wearing their colors...AND STATE BEAT MICHIGAN....:animwink:

Yea, I need to change that siggy. :lol: I get that a lot. I don't really care much about UM or football, but DH thought it was cute since he went to UM for undergrad. He actually taught at MSU for 3 years, since they paid him and gave him a start in teaching I tend to be more loyal to them myself anyway. Still he tends to lean towards UM. Most of the time UM is better in football, but they all have their ebbs and tides.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Yes well....lets just say they went to the ROSE BOWL and WON the year I graduated MSU and have not been back since...:animwink: :snore: Been awhile....While the males in my home love football also...I do not...I am a huge bball fan and we have pretty much held our own in that department the past few years!!:D

BUT a PHD in Disney is something!!!:sohappy: We all should aim for such knowledge!!!:animwink: Thank goodness there is so much yet to ponder.....like when the media does get there will anyone make comments about the THRONE?!! Or better yet lift the lid so we can see if the seat is square as well?!?!?!:lol:

coltow

My family's favorites are:
Liberty Tree Tavern (dinner), Le Cellier (dinner), Crystal Palace (any meal), Whispering Canyon Cafe (breakfast), Cape May Cafe (dinner) and our newest is Hollywood & Vine (breakfast)

bouncer

My faves:

MK: Crystal palace
Columbia harbour house

AK: Tusker House
Flame tree

E: Lotus Blossom

Downtown disney: Earl of sandwich
Rainforest cafe (although most people here seem to hate it i ve only ever had great experiences there)

Hotels: Fort Wilderness trail ends buffett (great value)

pintraderpayee

We tried out Pecos Bill's for the first time last Easter and it was great counter service. We requested an additional bowl and the server at the back filled it with yummy grilled mushrooms at no extra charge!!

AK-Tusker House

DTD- McDonald's (only because the drink dispenser makes a cool sound and it is quick)

Studios- Rosie's (quick, filling, and close to ToT and RnR:D )

72 days until we are ºoºrlando bound with 20 teens on a school bus for 930 miles of smiles:sohappy:

Aurora_25

Raglan Road is a must for us every trip. Lunch or Dinner (it's in DTD)

At MK counter service we go to Cosmic Rays Sit down meal- Crystal Palace

Epcot- Rose and Crown Pub, Tepanaki (I know, not spelled right), and counter service at the Electric Umbrella

MGM- 50's prime time

Resorts- I like 1900 park fare at Grand Floridian and the Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness Lodge. Hoop Dee Do is good to for a show

Rufus T Firefly

I wholeheartedly agree with Le Cellier and Whispering Canyon. I would also like to suggest Artist's Point at the Wilderness Lodge and the Flying Fish at the Boardwalk.

venooch333

Our family favourite is Maya at Coranardo Springs but ive read alot of negative things about!! Was just wondering other peoples views on it??

Madhatter06

Ohana's at the Poly Resort was my fav of the latest trip. The food is all you care to eat and the show is right in front of you and completely interactive. (Unlike the show in lua cove which is sometimes hard to see and only allows you one hula dance experience).

I wish I could remember her name, but the hawaiin cousin who teaches the dances is soo much fun. There's also the coconut race which kids of any age can participate in as well as a limbo contest. Which btw ask to be the limbo pole holder....my mom and I were and got a mickey cupcake to take home as a reward! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom