Place online to find recordings of Dinoland's "radio announcers"?

WorldExplorer

Original Poster
Since Dinoland's fate is up in the air, I've been thinking about this a lot. Especially with the Christmas loop that should be leaving soon and has its own announcements (albeit mainly piecemealed from the normal stuff).

Is anyone aware of anywhere online that's recorded the Dinoland radios announcers, the little bits in-between the songs meant to make it seem like a pirate radio station? I haven't been able to find any for either the old two guys or the relatively new Donald's Dino-Bash guy.

It makes me sad to think that these things might just not be available to anyone but some Disney sound guy soon (relatively speaking). I enjoy the announcer, cheesy as it is. I'd really love to be able to hear the old guys. Does anyone know if they also had a Christmas version?

Cmdr_Crimson

Since Dinoland's fate is up in the air, I've been thinking about this a lot. Especially with the Christmas loop that should be leaving soon and has its own announcements (albeit mainly piecemealed from the normal stuff).

Is anyone aware of anywhere online that's recorded the Dinoland radios announcers, the little bits in-between the songs meant to make it seem like a pirate radio station? I haven't been able to find any for either the old two guys or the relatively new Donald's Dino-Bash guy.

It makes me sad to think that these things might just not be available to anyone but some Disney sound guy soon (relatively speaking). I enjoy the announcer, cheesy as it is. I'd really love to be able to hear the old guys. Does anyone know if they also had a Christmas version?
According to this Reddit the Digger & Bonehead clips were replaced during the Dino bash transition

However the music loop for Dinoland for the area is still around..

The hardest one to find is the Dinostore's radio full loop...I recall hearing Randy Travis's "Digging up those bones" and Tennessee Ernie Ford's "16 tons"

WorldExplorer

Original Poster
Yeah, I did see that (thank you, though!). I'm a little surprised that the playlist itself, full of copyrighted songs, is available. It's not really what I was looking for, but it is cool to hear some of the former songs (it doesn't have that obnoxious "Bird's the word" thing, so it wins in for superior playlist in my book).

And I saw the Reddit post; it's why I know about the old guys (but again, thanks). They sound funny. I'll have to message the person that says they found it but doesn't provide a link; I was just hoping to avoid asking some random person on Reddit to send me something.

It's cool to learn that different parts of the land had different loops, though (aside from the Dinosaur area). Nice touch.

Last edited:

Blue8eetle

Yeah, I did see that (thank you, though!). I'm a little surprised that the playlist itself, full of copyrighted songs, is available. It's not really what I was looking for, but it is cool to hear some of the former songs (it doesn't have that obnoxious "Bird's the word" thing, so it wins in for superior playlist in my book).

And I saw the Reddit post; it's why I know about the old guys (but again, thanks). They sound funny. I'll have to message the person that says they found it but doesn't provide a link; I was just hoping to avoid asking some random person on Reddit to send me something.

It's cool to learn that different parts of the land had different loops, though (aside from the Dinosaur area). Nice touch.
Hi World Explorer. Sorry to Dig up a year-old thread, but I'm also trying to find the original audio of the two radio guys.

Did you ever have any luck?

WorldExplorer

Original Poster
Hi World Explorer. Sorry to Dig up a year-old thread, but I'm also trying to find the original audio of the two radio guys.

Did you ever have any luck?

Sadly, no. Though I actually totally forgot I was going to send a Reddit message, so that might still be a workable lead if I tried.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom