Pixie dust/Fairy treats

Shelleyx4

Original Poster
I have read somewhere about how some moms buy small gifts/treats at home to take on the trip to reward their kids at the end of the day? For me i may do this for good behavior. What kind of treats do you buy and how do you hide them in the room so they don't see?

Vader2112

I tend to pick up something at the Disney store before we go. Something I know the kids were looking for that also may not be readliy available at the parks. When we leave for the parks/dinner I sneak back into the room and set the items on the beds when we return Mickey has sent over something special over beacause he and Minnie heard you were visiting. This also keeps me out of the gift shops!

MOXOMUMD

We don't do sweets but I bring glow stix from home I hide them in the inner zippered part of my suitcase and they boys get them at night durring the parades or fireworks.

I do the same thing. Different colors for different parks. At the Dollar Store I buy the kind in the generic black plastic wrapper then take the labels off and mix them up. The surprise for my DD is seeing what color she gets each night.

KTaylor

I may have gone a little overboard, but this is my stepdaughters first trip to disney and she is 3 so I plan on making this something to remember. I have been watching for sales at the disney store and have bought a few of the characters on sale so far I got mickey and minnie 2 for $20 with free shipping since the nearest disney store is 3 hours away going there wasn't an option. I will hide the gifts in my suit case in the inner pockets. I am also planning on having "mickey" write letters everyday to DD and incorporate a few things that we will be doing. example: I really hope you had a magical day at Epcot and I hope you had fun visiting with Nemo and Crush...ect. We do have glow sticks already purchased and ready to go, but also to tell her and her cousins that they are going we already have their ears that we are wrapping up with an offical To:Grace, Drew and Bella From: Mickey Mouse all ready to go!

jkl2000

I tend to pick up something at the Disney store before we go. Something I know the kids were looking for that also may not be readliy available at the parks. When we leave for the parks/dinner I sneak back into the room and set the items on the beds when we return Mickey has sent over something special over beacause he and Minnie heard you were visiting. This also keeps me out of the gift shops!

I always thought this whole thing about giving kids gifts at WDW when they were already getting the gift of a trip to WDW was a bit much, but I have to admit this sounds pretty cute.

Vader2112

I always thought this whole thing about giving kids gifts at WDW when they were already getting the gift of a trip to WDW was a bit much, but I have to admit this sounds pretty cute.
Thank you! The kids reactions seeing MK and the surprise of finding a little something in the room is my gift to me. I think having the thing in the room makes it more special to them than lurking through the Emporium and just selecting something. Believe me they get to do this also from time to time. The other day I announced we were going on Memorial Day weekend and the first question from a 3 and 5 year old was Can we go on Carousel of Progress? Followed by them singing "There's a great big Beautiful tomorrow." I have taught them well so we are going to try the Hall of Presidents and American Adventure with them this go around. usually something I do by myself.

DizneyPryncess

DD isn't old enough for this yet, but it's definitely something I would do! If you have any party stores locally near you, I would check there. Our Party City has a Tinkerbell section with little inexpensive things like fairy bubbles, stickers, stick on earrings, magic wands, toy pails, rings, necklaces....like things you'd use for party favors. I'll probably get a few little things from there for a future Disney trip! This would probably be for me too, as I would love to see her face when we walked in the room. :)

As far as placing them, I think I'd make little cards before we left for the trip "from" tinkerbell. Then when we leave the room, send DH back in sneakily to set a little gift & card up for our return.

Alley7728

I also do things like glow sticks ans LED jewelry. We may surprise them with pins or special attire, but my fave thing...

PIXIE DUST

It's really just fine grade cake glitter, but it's just a lot of fun to randomly "dust" the kids. :)
I always did the pixie dust when my girls were small. They would get pixie kisses with it the the night before the trip. They loved waking up to see Tink had visited!

AngelPooh

I may have gone a little overboard, but this is my stepdaughters first trip to disney and she is 3 so I plan on making this something to remember. I have been watching for sales at the disney store and have bought a few of the characters on sale so far I got mickey and minnie 2 for $20 with free shipping

I may be going over board too but its my boys 1st trip coming up in november and i am already buying a bunch of stuff! we were supposed to all go with grandpa thnis year but he passed away in december and we were all so heartbroken. this trip is a surprise for the boys with the money grandpa left them. it will be sad to go without him but i cant wait to surprise them and make them smile! they will be 7 and 9 so i think it will be perfect!
anyway, so far from the disney store i have gotten mickey beanie babies to leave on the bed the first night, disney water bottles with lanyard straps for them to carry around the park, autograph books with pens, and disney tshirts when they were on sale. the dollar stores around here are awesome and so far i have gotten nemo bubbles, disney washclothes and tooth brushes, stickers and art kits, and mickey lollipops to hide in my bag. Cant wait! I still want to buy glow sticks and i'm going to make them each a small bag out of mickey fabric i have with small treats and activities in it for the plane ride.

Pixie Duster Mom

Taking my granddaughters for the first time in a few weeks. Picked up some fun things to have back at the condo for them from the dollar store/walmart - fairy and princess cups, Disney night lights, Disney coloring books, glow sticks, bubbles, jump ropes... Not planning on giving them out on a daily basis, just something "to do" besides watching tv during some of our down time.

MausCouture

When I was younger my sister and, I would wake up to a card from a disney character. (usually a disney princess..) The card would remind us to be polite and, stay on our best "princess" behavior. Along with the card we would receive a corresponding gift. The gift could be anything from an autograph book and, pen to a room dusting with "pixie dust".

During the Fireworks or, Nighttime Parades we would receive glow sticks & glow in the dark disney stickers (from the dollar store).

When we get back to the hotel we would find a Pin from whoever wrote us the card earlier that morning. (For example Snowwhite wrote us the card then if we had good behavior all day then we would receive a pin that had Snowwhite on it and, we could decide if we wanted to keep it for our collection or, trade it the following day).

Jessica Meier

They also have Hot Pink and Turquoise blue water bottles in the dollar section that are perfect for vinyl personalization. I made these:

1002449_10151676644934854_1833262415_n.jpg
1011994_10151676644814854_448401235_n.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom