Pixar Has No Plans to Make Live-Action Remake Movies, Says CCO

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster

Pixar’s Pete Docter says they have no plans to make any live-action remake movies at this time.

Speaking with Time, Docter, the chief creative officer (CCO) for Pixar, was asked if he was at all interested in adapting any previous movies from the company into live-action format.

What did Pixar’s CCO say about live-action remakes?
“No, and this might bite me in the butt for saying it, but it sort of bothers me. I like making movies that are original and unique to themselves,” he said. “To remake it, it’s not very interesting to me personally.”

He continued, “It would be tough. So much of what we create only works because of the rules of the [animated] world. So if you have a human walk into a house that floats, your mind goes, ‘Wait a second. Hold on. Houses are super heavy. How are balloons lifting the house?’ But if you have a cartoon guy and he stands there in the house, you go, ‘Okay, I’ll buy it.’ The worlds that we’ve built just don’t translate very easily.”

While Pixar may not have any plans to remake any of its movies in the near future, there’s been no shortage of live-action and photorealistic adaptations from Walt Disney Pictures over the past couple of years.

Disstevefan1

Pixar’s Pete Docter says they have no plans to make any live-action remake movies at this time.

Speaking with Time, Docter, the chief creative officer (CCO) for Pixar, was asked if he was at all interested in adapting any previous movies from the company into live-action format.

What did Pixar’s CCO say about live-action remakes?
“No, and this might bite me in the butt for saying it, but it sort of bothers me. I like making movies that are original and unique to themselves,” he said. “To remake it, it’s not very interesting to me personally.”

He continued, “It would be tough. So much of what we create only works because of the rules of the [animated] world. So if you have a human walk into a house that floats, your mind goes, ‘Wait a second. Hold on. Houses are super heavy. How are balloons lifting the house?’ But if you have a cartoon guy and he stands there in the house, you go, ‘Okay, I’ll buy it.’ The worlds that we’ve built just don’t translate very easily.”

While Pixar may not have any plans to remake any of its movies in the near future, there’s been no shortage of live-action and photorealistic adaptations from Walt Disney Pictures over the past couple of years.
Its sad that the CCO is afraid to say, "I like making movies that are original and unique to themselves"

But that's where we are today. Its so sad.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Its sad that the CCO is afraid to say, "I like making movies that are original and unique to themselves"

But that's where we are today. Its so sad.
You have to read the original Time article this came from, if you haven't its a good read, liked below. There is a larger question that is asked which the answer comes from, and loses its meaning when taken out context.

Phroobar

If they are going to remake anything just do a 4K remaster like they do for video games. Toy Story is a pretty ugly movie compared to Toy Story 4.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom