Pirates Of The Stranger Tides - A Hypothetical Darker Compliment to the Disney Classic

Sneakman

Original Poster
DISCLAIMER: this is all likely very unrealistic.
So, context time. when developing a magic kingdom land blue sky, I was throwing ideas around for non animated villains characters from Disney. I landed on POTC as it has memorable darker plots, a concept for most of the villains land atttactions being “twisted” versions of classic Disney rides, and a thought of, : since mk doesn’t have the full caves, what if we made a whole attraction out of that somehow? I am unsure if it will fit in the blue sky itself, but I am personally proud of this idea so much that I want it out there regardless. So here we go.
Pirates of the Stranger Tides: A journey through the supernatural world of pirates.
PART 1: The Queue
We enter with the exterior of and abandoned pirates hideout , covered in overgrowth, crumbling, and with a derelict half sunken pirate ship in a lagoon out front. Through the queue, we see the abandoned quarters and rooms in the ship and fortress alike, seemingly frozen in time, yet also ravaged by age. No soundtrack filles the queue walls. Only the whistling of the wind is present. Though if you listen hard enough in the treasure room ,legend says you can almost hear a music box and a beating heart from an ordinary sounding chest. In a large switchback room, we see what seems to be yet another skeleton pirate. But every once in a while, he stirs and comes to life, changing from a bare skeleton into one looking like it’s from Davy jones crew. (Effect ala one like jack sparrow from sunken treausre) this shaken pirate commands us to turn around and leave these waters. He raves of the legends of sirens, Davy jones, and the kraken, and how he used to regard them as silly superstition, until his crew, on the search for gold on the stranger tides. came face to face with these supernatural foes. He claiks that he fell under the dtuchmans curse, and we will too if we do not go away from this place. But blatantly disregarding his stark warnings, we enter the station, and board our boats. We hear the saftey speil, which commands that we should start believing in ghost stories, for we have just entered one….

end part one

Last edited:

Sneakman

Original Poster
Part two: siren cove
we start out sailing through an abandoned cove at nighttime, winds whistling. Everything just seems…dead. (Also a blue bayou esque restaurant to the side because why the heck not.) But off in the distance, we hear a beautiful song we are drawn towards. And as we float on, we find the source of the beautiful sound: sirens. They sit on rocks and swiming in the water, singing “jolly sailor bold” to us, as well as a group of pirates in a a dinghy. Sirens surround them, getting in position to pull them under, with the pirates locked in the sirens spell. Floating further down the river, we see pirates desperately swimming out of the water, begging for halo and screaming, only for the hands of sirens to pull them back under. We then swim into a dead end,going in front of a screen inside a cave. On the screen, we see sirens swim in front of our boat, and begin to sing to us. Before long, they dissapear underwater. Then suddenly, our boat sinks down in a drop track, under the water in an environment similar to that of the one in sunken treasure at Shanghai. We have been pulled under the sea, and things have just taken a turn for the supernatural…

End part two.
Also I am new to this kind of thing, so excuse me if the wording is vague or kidna a mess of everything. I’m learning as I go. I hope the ideas are at least clear.

Sneakman

Original Poster
Part three: under the ocean. Now under the ocean, we see coral, and sirens floating past, as well as tentacles as we are under the waves. Passing under coral and by debris of sunken ships, we see tentacles of a certain giant squid. We then pass by members of the Dutchman’s crew, doing hard labor on a sunken flying ducthman, being sternly commanded by upper officers. Then, as we pass by, the shark one (image placed below) shouts out our presence, and commands that “Davy jones” will have his way with us. Then, passing into an underwater cave, we see an animatronic Davy jones, who berates us for crossing him and his crew, and says that for doing so, we will pay. He then commands his crew to release the kraken. We then pass by an animatronic scene of Davy jones crew spinning the kracken alert wheel from the movie, with the vibration sound repeating. We then go up a lift hill, which takes place inside the remains of a ship. In surrounding screens, we see the krakens tentacles slowly enveloping us as we rise upwards, banging continues. Then, as we crest over the hill, going through a glass section in the top surrounded by real water, giving the illusion we rise out of actual water, we splash down in to the largest and most elaborate section of the ride….

End part three

Sneakman

Original Poster
PART FOUR: The Kraken Attacks/part of the ship…
As we splash down our lift hill, we enter our most elaborate scene. In it, we sail in between and watch a life size depiction of a ship being torn apart by the kraken. The kraken is large, with giant tentacles seemingly eating the ship, as well as waving around our heads with helpless pirates in its grasp, The half eaten ship fires cannonballs at the beast, landing near us. The kraken roars, and we sail between it. In the other side is the Flying Dutchman, the ship of Davy jones. We sail in a tiny hole in the side, and see a scene of an animatronic Davy jones playing a life sized version of his organ. Passing by that, we see faces pop out of the wall of the ship, repeating “part of the ship, part of the crew” to us, then disappearing back into the wall. Finally, we pass by a mirror, with animatronic bootstrap bill turner standing beside us. He says to us “you poor fools crossed Jones, now you are doomed to be part of his crew. The mirror shows us, but through technology somehow (I dunno, I’m not a genius, this is all hypothetical), we all look like members of the crew, covered in barnacles and such, In a hitchhiking ghost esque effect. We’re apart of jones crew now! Aaahh! But because guests would probably not want to be stuck doing work for 100 years, we instead pull into an exit station themed as the interior of the Dutchman. Exit into the gift shop yada yada the end.

In conclusion
while not the most perfect or relastic concept, I had a lot of fun with this one and loved exploring a different side of the pirates franchise, as well as it being “mostly” an original idea by me not based on any unbuilt or defunct attraction. This may or may not show ip in my beyond big thunder blue sky. I hope you all like it, and thanks for welcoming me into your forum!

Last edited:

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
Excited Billy Gardell GIF by CBS

Disney Dad 3000

Thanks, I’m glad you like it! I honestly don’t know how a vertical drop shaft in a boat ride would work, capacity wise, but god I couldn’t help myself. Tbh idk if I can fit this in space wise to my villains land blue sky plans, but it is out there now.

Legacy Entertainment put out this concept a number of years back (I don't think they've actually built it). Something I wanted to play around with for a bit and have it in an as yet unreleased project. A neat option for space and design purposes. Glad you couldn't help yourself!
E7jGhpMXMAQ4PeB.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom