Pirates Of The Carribean name change

HMGhost13

Original Poster
from darkhorizons.com

Pirates of the Carribean: Its official - the project has undergone a name change to "Pirates of the Carribean: Curse of the Black Pearl". Reasoning? To help distinguish between the ride and movie.

EchoOfOphelia

Why on Earth would they need to do that? I don't really think its confusing anyone. They're making a Haunted Mansion movie.. and the already horrible...ah, I mean completed, Country Bears, and they didn't change those names.
Hmm...interesting.

GaryT977

Originally posted by EchoOfOphelia
Why on Earth would they need to do that? I don't really think its confusing anyone. They're making a Haunted Mansion movie.. and the already horrible...ah, I mean completed, Country Bears, and they didn't change those names.
Hmm...interesting.

Maybe they're hoping for better luck at the box office if they adjust the name of this one? :veryconfu

Goofster

At first I was upset, but I don't think it's really a problem, it's like the first Star Wars is called a New Hope, but everybody just calls that Star Wars. I'm sure they also considered the fact that this movie is shapping up to be awesome and they're thinking of turning it into a saga or whatever, and making a sequel or two.

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
They could change it back. Or another possibility is that they are going to use it as a subtitle name but you never actually see it on anything like the trailers, posters, or stuff like that. Plus the film isn't planned for release until July 2003, so this could change very quickly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom