Pirates of the Carabean

PAFAN

Original Poster
A number of years ago the Pirates of the Carabean was supposedly shut down in order to complete some changes that were intended to make the show "politically correct." I was talking about this with my children yesterday and they asked what changes were made. I did not recall. Does anyone know whether this happened and what the changes were? Or is this another urban legend...

RalphieN

I'm certainly not an athority on this and I'm sure someone else in the know will step up with more complete information but I remember a long time ago that the part where women are chasing the pirates around in circles with brooms or something used to be pirates chasing women.

tigsmom

Thats what I remember...the women's rights groups complained about how the pirates chased the women (for impure reasons :eek: ) and Disney bowed to pressure to change it.

Shaman

Originally posted by tigsmom
Thats what I remember...the women's rights groups complained about how the pirates chased the women (for impure reasons :eek: ) and Disney bowed to pressure to change it.

Yea I think that was it too...kind of makes you wonder why they still have the "we want the redhead" part...they shouldn't have changed it though...people can be so picky sometimes...

*sigh*

disneyisbest

In the scene where they are chasing the women or vice versa as it is now. the pirate in front of the barrel used to have a skirt in his hand and he was looking for whom it belonged(the girl in the barrell). Now he just talks about how full his belly is from eating too much.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom