Pirate League

NEL

Hello Everyone,

We are planing a trip for my son's 5 th birthday in May. He is currently obsessed with Pirates. We have gone on the Pirate Firework cruise and we all loved it. For this year we want to try the Pirate League so we can dress him up like a pirate before the fireworks cruise in the evening. The is very little information on the Disney site. IT just says starting at $29.99. Has anyone done this before? Is that the real cost, seems to cheap for Disney? Is there any add ons and whats the cost? What about the costumes ?

Any and all information will be greatly appreciated.

THANKS

freakman

Pirates league is worth the money. For 29.99 they give you fake teeth, a sword, sash, eye patch ,Medallion on a chain, pirate name scroll and paint your face. Basically the pirate gear adds up up $30 in the pirates store so you basically the face painting and experience free. I like looking at the glass half full:lol: Later in the day (when I was there in august)around 4 they would have a little parade with the people that had it done with Jack sparrow leading the way..we missed that

When we where there I bought the full outfit for my 8 year old daughter. The complete Pirate dress and hat was $50 on top of the 30. The boys was about the same I recall. Also although the site says 3 and up but they will do 2 year olds with out the face paint..my little guy loved it. They fit him in even though they where full, I had no idea they would do him up till I got there. My wife and I did it also ..lots of fun. Some of the best value in the park in my opinion. There will be a photo session on the way out and I'm pretty sure they where $15

Little tip. I got first appointment of the day so we where allowed in MK before it opened. Pretty sweet, talked to some of the opening ceremony cast members waiting to preform and had photo pass pictures done on a completely empty main street:sohappy:

Upvote 0

docdebbi

have you considered any of the pirate cruises from the resorts? they are officially a child care event (because you can't go) but my nieces and nephews LOVE them. they get pirate hats, etc, learn to speak "pirate", go out on a boat trip, scream AARRGH at all the passing ships, find a treasure map, visit several islands and get off the boat to find treasure, have lunch on the trip and come back and open their treasure chest and get little pirate treasure to bring home. one of the highlights of the trip whenever our kids have done it.
we like the one from grand floridian, but i hear the one from caribbean beach is also great. have no experience with any other ones.

Upvote 0

ladydi

My three kids loved the pirate league! You can bring your own costume rather than purchasing one at the store. And bring lots of makeup removal. The makeup is heavier than a normal face painting (it stayed on my kids throughout a 80 degree sunny day) and took forever to get off that evening. The crew members are spot on and have great interactions with the kids. My daughter would rather do this again than BBB.

Upvote 0

NEL

Original Poster
Thanks for the review and all the info. I had no idea they did a "pirate parade" as well, my son is going to love that.

Any additional info and review from other posters will be greatly apreciated.

Upvote 0

durangojim

My son and I both did the Pirate's League in May and it was fantastic! He was 5 at the time and absolutely loved it! Even though it was very hot that day, he wore his skeleton outfit all day, as well as the makeup. I highly recommend it and he wants to do it again next year. You'll have a great time!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom