Pin Trading?

New2WDW

I believe around $24 to $25 for a basic 4 pin set with lanyard and then prices go up on others.

It is a fun but addicting thing to get into!:hammer:

Tinkrbell

Watch out if you're going to get into pin trading. When I was in WDW last month, I spent over $100 on a lanyard & about 15 pins. By the end of the trip, whenever we went in a store & I started looking at pins, my mom had to pull me away from them.

westie

On our last trip I filled a pin book and bought an extra. At the airport there was a big comotion over my carry-on. It seems an item in your luggage full of metal bits and some with batteries, is not a good thing to put in your carry-on...

wdwishes2005

I actually took an iPod with no battery, some suspicious looking powder, and my pins, nobody said a word. Shows how safe we are on airplanes.....
And a starter pin set will cost you in the area of 23 dollars. I think my starter set cost 18.

ZapperZ

If you want to get in a casual pin trading hobby, the best thing to do is to get one of those booster sets. The cost per pin is usually less than the cheapest rack pins they have at the park, which usually goes for $6.95. I believe the miniature pins sets goes for around $22-$26 and they contain 6 pins. You can use those pins for trading like any other pins.

Alternatively, if you are a bit more serious at it, you can keep an eye out on the Disney Auction or Disney Shopping websites and wait till they are having massive sales on their surplus pins. Those can go for pretty cheap.

The final alternative is to make friends with cast members and ask them to bring you in during one of the cast members pin party. :D A large number of surplus pins can be had at 75% off at one of these things, which was what we got last June with one of our cast member friend. We stocked up on pins like thieves! :lol:

Zz.

PinMadness

My boyfriends always buy pin lots off of ebay before we go on our trips. Generally, he ends up paying a little more than $2.00 per pin. And we are talking about genuine Disney pins, not Sedesma or ProPins.

The pin trading lanyards sets range from the mid to high 20 dollar range all the way up to the mid 40 dollar range. The basic one with four pins, is of course, at the lower end of that price range.

As suggested above, the booster kits are great for people starting out. The "Cutie" series booster kits break down to around $5.00 a pin. Can't beat that price!

kennygman

You can get a bunch of pins off ebay for $1.00 to $2.00 each.

Trick...Don't bid on the item until the last minute of the auction, then set your highest amount you'll pay.

monorailguy01

Does anyone know if they banded Pin Trading in the Contemp. Resort, Epcot, and DTD, I heard that Disney was going to put a stop to all pin trading, and the only trading that can be done is with a CM...

PinMadness

Does anyone know if they banded Pin Trading in the Contemp. Resort, Epcot, and DTD, I heard that Disney was going to put a stop to all pin trading, and the only trading that can be done is with a CM...

Around August-ish, they stopped doing their "Official" pin trading events.

monorailguy01

I thought so, because when I went in May I was talking to a CM about it, and she told me that pin trading will no longer take place at the following places, and she named like pop century, contemp resort, epcot, dtd, I first relized this when I was in dtd and did not see the tables outside of the pin store.

PinMadness

I was working at the WOD from May-August. When I returned home in August, there were still guests doing pintrading outside of PinTraders. We were also still doing the daily Pin Trading at the WOD.

tarjaybuff

Original Poster
Thanks!

Thank you to all that responded. I was just in WDW in Sept 2006, and people were trading at the tables outside of the pin shop in Downtown Disney. I think I will start a collection before my next trip.

ZapperZ

There will ALWAYS be pin trading done by pin collectors and traders. This is not the one that the cast member said that will go away, just the one that are organized by Disney. The ones outside of the Pin Trading store at Downton Disney, the one by Pin Central at Epcot, and the one in front of that Mercantile store in Animal Kingdom, will always have pin traders now and then. The most popular of course is the one at Downtown Disney, because it is open to everyone without any admission charges.

Zz.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom