Pin Trading Questions

David

Original Poster
I know that this has probably been discussed before, but since I did not have an interest in pin trading, I did not read the thread. However, we were visinting with some friends last night who have just returned from their first trip to Disney and their son got into the pin thing, so of course our son wants to get pins when we go back in October.

My question...What are the rules of pin trading? Is it true that if you are showing a pin you re ready to trade it? On an average, what is the cost of the pins, other than the Magic Moment pins? Do the styles change year to year, park to park, etc? Any information on pin trading would really be appreciated.

millercv

Pin trading is fun! You don't ever have to make a trade but castmembers with lanyards have to trade with you. Just as long as you are trading a Disney pin and giving them one they don't already have on their lanyard.

The pins change constantly and they are always releasing limited editions etc. Prices are a bit high for the pins at $7 and up (If memory serves me correctly), but there are pin stores online where you can buy starter packages with groups of tradeable pins for much cheaper!

Hope this helps

David

Original Poster
Millercv, thanks for the information. Do you have any web site addresses for the online pin stores where I could start? I think I may by some to give our son the day we leave, then let him buy some others at Disney. Grandparents are going with us again, he is their first grandchild, the apple of their eye, etc, so if he sees one he wants, well......

MinnieFan

Both you and your son will love pin trading. If you are driving, try hitting one of the disney outlet stores close by. They sell disney pins for very cheap (like $3.00). Your son could use those to trade with the CM's. Then let the grandparents by him the more expensive ones on proptery. Have a GREAT time.

TinkerBell9988

Originally posted by MinnieFan
Both you and your son will love pin trading. If you are driving, try hitting one of the disney outlet stores close by. They sell disney pins for very cheap (like $3.00). Your son could use those to trade with the CM's. Then let the grandparents by him the more expensive ones on proptery. Have a GREAT time.

Yup, those Disney Outlet Stores are great for buyin' trader pins. Definetely a go if you like to trade AND collect. :)

Pioneer Hall

Just because you display a pin doesn't mean you have to trade. It is usually a sign though that you are willing to trade.

CM trades are one for one only and the CM doesn't have to accept the pin if they are already wearing it. Also, CM's only trade what is on their lanyards.

Guest trades are whatever you feel is fair.

Pins cost anywhere from 6.50-12.50 (with a few exceptions). Most though are 8.50 or 10.50.

Steamboat_Kevin

The price of the pin depends on the size of the pin. If it is a smaller pin, it will probably cost $6.50 and so on.
But most 12.50 pins have something special about them (Example: They light up) Pin Trading is fun and addicting!
-Kevin

TURKEY

Basic pins (resort pins, small attractions/show pins) are 6.50.

They go up to 8.50 then 10.00 or 10.50 and up after that depending on size, features (lights, twirls, slides, dangles). Limited Editions usually start at 8.50.

The highest I've seen are 15.

disneydudette

Originally posted by MinnieFan
They sell disney pins for very cheap (like $3.00).

thats true!! thats where we got ours..there like 6.50 at the parks.....and make sure ur son has a good respect for them!! cause once u buy 1 u get sucked in and u can't help but buy the entire collection!

bvolguards

A really good idea is to get in the hotseat at millionaire (if u can) win a bunch of pins keep the high point ones and then trade the rest to cast members..we got a ton of pins that way

David

Original Poster
Thanks to all of you with your ideas about pin trading. I can see that there is a lot of interest out there in the pins and I think we will have a good time buying/trading.

Our next trip is not until October, but my sister-in-law is going in about three weeks. I think we are going to give them some money to buy some pins and lanyard, then give them to our son when we get to the parks and he can begin trading and buying the first day.

Dwarful

you might also see if there is a Disney Outlet anywhere near you. We hit the one in Branson Missouri recently and got official Disney pins for 99cents each for the simple reason ...like you our kids want to give the pin trading a try...and at 99cents each they can upgrade more expensive ones w/CM's that have lanyards on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom