Pin Traders

Dwarful

I just got back from the Disney Store..where I cleaned up on pins for the kids to trade on our trip next year! If anyone is going to WDW any time soon I highly recommend going to your local Disney Store..the pins (excluding the Magical Musical Pins) & lanyard sets are 50% I bought about 20 of the $4.00 pins for the kids to trade..because they were only $1.80 w/DCcard discount! OF course I had to grab the Princess lanyard sets as well to put up for Christmas! Just thought I would share the 50% info!

drewDAK

My opinion on Pin Trading:
Biggest Marketing Scam Disney ever pulled off. (Next to Disney World, of course.)
I should know, because I fell for them both.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Original Poster
Oh I totally agree. We had never done the pin trading thing until this last trip and that was because the kids really want to do it. So now that I know what the pins cost..I grab them when I can get them cheap..like on sale or at the Disney Outlet in Missouri! It is fun, but it gets sooo expensive! I don't know how people do it..that have those little suitcases and all full of pins! We happened to be at Epcot one morning when a new pin was being released that morning..talk about chaos..and it was almost all adults fighting to get thier pin!

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

I fell for the pin trading thing too, and now have over 250 pins probably costing me over 1,500 dollars. Even though people call me crazy for doing it, I don't care I think it is a lot of fun.

Thanks for the info. about the pins. Which ones were they exactly?

Upvote 0

Disney4648

Originally posted by DisneyInsider
I fell for the pin trading thing too, and now have over 250 pins probably costing me over 1,500 dollars. Even though people call me crazy for doing it, I don't care I think it is a lot of fun.

Disney Pin Trading is more popular than Beanie babies and Pokemon.

Upvote 0

NADisney

Hi gang,

i'm A Disney Pin collector But I don't trade after spending so much money on them I keep for my enjoyment.i wear a diffrent one to work each day and have fun sharing my pins.sometimes it can be expensive ,I'v about $3,000 dollars worth,but half of those are Limited Editions from Disneyland( there pins are heavy and have more detail). Since I have no kids , I will pass my Pins down onto my neices and nephews when I'm gone.But until then Just have fun and know your spending limit( we all have one).

:sohappy: :wave:

Upvote 0
I found it a fun thing to do at the parks since we spend extended times at WDW. I just buy the one's I like. I don't trade, just like to have the ones I took time to search for and buy. If you sit back and think about the $$ it does seem a crazy thing for adults to do. :wave:

Upvote 0

mwitkus

I feel so much better now! Hubby and I spent a fortune on our last trip, as we collected pins. And we only traded a couple, but for the most part loved the pins we bought and didn't want to trade them away! We now have our 2 lanyards hanging in our family room (totally Disney themed), reminding us of our trip last month and teasing us that our next trip is 2 years away!!! I thought we were crazy to buy them since we don't have kids of our own, but let's be honest, we are total kids at heart!

Now that I know I can buy more at my local Disney store, look out piggy bank...

Upvote 0

westie

The coolest thing about pin trading is when a cast member trades you a no longer available, highly sought after, made the pin freak next to you turn green with envy pin that you had no idea existed and you say thanx, and as the trip progresses you keep thinking about what a nice person that was. And the $1500- you spent on pins you better get something good!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom