Pin problem

WDWdude12

Has anyone been at Walt Disney World lately and noticed that some of the cast member are turning their pins backwards so you cant see them???? My brother asked why and the cm said "it's poeple like you who make pin trading a bussiness" my bro got offeneded becuase the cm has no clue who he is and doesnt know that he doesnyt take pin trading really that serious. Does anyone else notice this happening???:confused: :brick: :mad:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Originally posted by monorailmike

That is correct. Do not have a lanyard in the park. At the very least, do not have pins you want to keep clearly visible. It is my understanding that this is an indication to trade. I have only bought a pin or two on each trip. The trading thing doesn't float my boat.

But what happens if i want to see my 100 year pins flash, damn this pin thing is getting too complicated. Ill just have to hope that looking like a night club doorman will deter the pin Mafia from fondling my lanyard.:eek:

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Ok heres my .02 AdLibSean..we did lose 3 pins...they were all the free ones we received by buying the Magical Moments Pins..you could print off a certificate for a free pin if you purchased 4 MM pins...well we had 5 kids w/us so that was no problem...the only pins we lost were ones with the plastic backs..I know they are supposed to be better..but it seemed to me that the more they were put on and off they sort of stretched out. We did get a CM to replace the lost pins because it happened within about 90 mins. of our purchase and I had a receipt.

Secondly Tiggerlover1971..our 6yr old daughter was approached by a monorail driver who wanted to pin trade with her...he really wanted a pin she had that said "America" was a postage stamp w/Mickey...he actually went back into the cab of the monorail and came out w/a special pin he didnt have on his lanyard to trade. Well my daughter loved the pin he had to offer so she made the trade and we went back and bought another America Stamp pin. The pin she received is Minnie Mouse in a Jeep that says "PASSHOLDER" limited edt. 7500 but my daughter is BIG on Minnie so she thought she got a really special pin and was happy ..thats all that mattered to us as we are new to pin trading etc...just a little something fun...we actually were on a quest to get the "junk" dwarfs..didn't get them all but came close!

We never had any problems w/CM's they were all very kind and patient..not always possible when you are dealing with 5 kids! And the monorail driver was the only one who approached us!
Hopefully the "grownups" wont ruin it for the rest of us..those with kids who do it for fun not fortune!

Upvote 0
This is a very interesting thread.....when my fiance and I were in Disney in August, I had some good pins to trade (Le's) that I did not want and I would usually buy something first and then ask the CM if I could trade with them. They were very nice and always polite. However, what really threw the CM's off is I had 5 pins I was trading so I gave them a choice....they were baffled!!!!! I guess they are used to people just giving them a pin!!!! I really enjoyed this.....I got a really nice Ak pin with the animals embossed n the front, and Rock Roller Coaster Pin and a 100 YOM pin with Mickey Painitng.......I cant imagine people being rude to CM's...that is so sad....you try to do something fun, and people go and ruin it!!!!!!

Upvote 0

TURKEY

Originally posted by happy snapper
What if you dont want to trade? does this make it inadvisable to wear the pin lanyard in a park?

I just want to collect pins of parks n rides, my kids did a few trades with CMs i m not fussed, but it reminds me of the "badges" i used to collect as a boy, proclaiming my loyalty to a football team.

You don't have to trade anything on your own personal lanyard you don't want to. So wear your lanyard if you want.

If you have some rare pin by chance and a big collector sees it, there is no telling what you might get in return.

Upvote 0

raven

It is also supposed to be a rule that if a cm is wearing their lanyard on their shift, they are to trade if asked. (I am a cm too so I know)

Anyway, I was there last week and I saw a pin on a cm that I wanted. She was working in the Auntie Gravity's Galactic Goodies shoppe and had a pin of Mickey as a topiary. The problem is, she wouldn't trade me. I had several pins of that calibar and more but she said she didn't want to trade it! My thought was "than take it off!"

They are supposed to trade whatever they have on at the time.

Upvote 0

Quentin Disney

Originally posted by raven
The problem is, she wouldn't trade me. I had several pins of that calibar and more but she said she didn't want to trade it! My thought was "than take it off!"

Did this CM have it on her lanyard. If its not on their lanyard then they can't trade that pin. (i.e; Pin Champion, Disney Trainer, etc). Perhaps it was given as a gift to her...or maybe she has hidden motives for refusing the trade.

Upvote 0

Tigggrl

If a CM has a pin on their lanyard, and they are working...they MUST trade with whomever wants to trade....as long as the pin trader is curteous and friendly...if that pin trader becomes agressive, or in some way insults a CM, the CM has every right to refuse a trade....
She should have traded if she were on the clock, ALL of our pin lanyards are supplied by the company, and turned in and signed out each day....I would have gone to the manager....and she shouldnt have a lanyard if she isnt going to trade.
It is my choice to wear a lanyard...and sometimes I do, and sometimes I dont...its alot of fun to trade with the kids:)
I can guarantee that you would NEVER find a CM where I am that would be in any way rude, or not willing to trade:)
We pride ourselves on being friendly, and helpful:)

Upvote 0

TURKEY

Originally posted by Tigggrl
If a CM has a pin on their lanyard, and they are working...they MUST trade with whomever wants to trade....as long as the pin trader is curteous and friendly...if that pin trader becomes agressive, or in some way insults a CM, the CM has every right to refuse a trade....
She should have traded if she were on the clock, ALL of our pin lanyards are supplied by the company, and turned in and signed out each day....I would have gone to the manager....and she shouldnt have a lanyard if she isnt going to trade.

I was able to wear my personal lanyard before. I've seen others do it. I was under no obligation or so I was told by management that I had to trade my personal pins.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom