Picture reversed?

foxfire

Original Poster
I'm sorry I don't have this pic scanned---but it's in the 1998 Edition of "WDW Resort - A Magical Year By Year Journey"

In the 1989 section it introduces MGM Studios & there is an aerial shot of the park. Something looks wrong though....Echo Lake is on the right, along with SuperStar TV(when the park openened), NY Street, etc. Isn't all that stuff to the LEFT of Hollywood Blvd, or am I mistaken?

foxfire

Original Poster
Yep, it IS backwards...I checked it against a Park Map and the pic in the book is reversed. How did they manage that?

ReDefined

Wha???

That was 30 seconds of my life I will never get back. Why did you post this in the first place? And the funny thing is, why I am wasting even more time typing this reply?

I would really like to know how you got me to waste my time reading this non-article...

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Re: Wha???

Originally posted by ReDefined
That was 30 seconds of my life I will never get back. Why did you post this in the first place? And the funny thing is, why I am wasting even more time typing this reply?

I would really like to know how you got me to waste my time reading this non-article...

Yeah, uhm, this is a forum. On it, people post.

Thanks.

DisneyCP2000

There's a couple more out there.

On one epcot postcard the countries are out of order...
check it out

Why they do this, I have no idea?

(I've seen one of the chicago skyline in reverse too, all the words are backwards)

Maria

To begin with.... The italian pavillion is different from the real San Marcos square in Venice, because (and that´s what I was told) Imagineers built it according to a slide projected from the wrong side... The Doge´s Palace is originally on the right standing in front of it. :animwink:

DisneyCP2000

Like this? :lol: (sorry, I just had to)

actual picture, nothing's been shifted around.

Attachments

• venice.jpg
    venice.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 132

Maria

Great pic!!

Now you reminded me... hehe.... or like this? Am I in Epcot? :D

Attachments

• venice.jpg
    venice.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 128

Maria

haha... it wasn´t that dirty when I went... it was packed!! Like Disney on NYE! hahaha!

I never understood the fascination and obsession with the pidgeons... everybody was trying to get a picture taken with the pidgeons and I was avoiding them! Last thing I wanted was to touch them or being poo ped by one! And they flew sooo low that it was really scary! :D :animwink:

no2apprentice

My goodness!:eek:

This is a unique thread. Maria actually posted a picture, and SHE'S IN IT!

They had a hard enough time on "Post Pictures of Yourself" thread to get you to post one of yourself.:lol:

Maria

Originally posted by no2apprentice
My goodness!:eek:

This is a unique thread. Maria actually posted a picture, and SHE'S IN IT!

They had a hard enough time on "Post Pictures of Yourself" thread to get you to post one of yourself.:lol:

LOL! I think I actually posted them and one fine day deleted them from that thread! :lol: There is already enough of my face in every one of my maaaaany posts! :rolleyes: :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom