Picking Up Race Number/Packet

Andrea Miller-Hamilton

Original Poster
I would really like to run the Wine and Dine half, but we don't get in until Saturday afternoon and I won't be able to get to Epcot to pick up my number and packet. Does anyone know if there is any way around this? I am really upset to have to miss it for this reason. I was really looking forward to it, but there is no way for me to get there earlier.

Texas84

Epcot? You have to go to the expo at ESPN Wide World of Sports. It closes Saturday at 3:30.

"All runners must attend the Expo for race number, shirt & gEAR bag pick up."

Andrea Miller-Hamilton

Original Poster
Sorry, I thought it was Epcot. But, regardless, unless I can get there by 3:30, which is not possible, I can't run? This seems unfair. I get that they have a large group of people to worry about, but the numbers should be available later in the day or evening. I'm just bummed because I really wanted to make it for the race and this is what will stop me from running.

dreamfinder

Sorry, I thought it was Epcot. But, regardless, unless I can get there by 3:30, which is not possible, I can't run? This seems unfair. I get that they have a large group of people to worry about, but the numbers should be available later in the day or evening. I'm just bummed because I really wanted to make it for the race and this is what will stop me from running.

The expo will already have been open for several days. 10-7 on both Thursday and Friday, and 9:30-3:30 on Saturday. A full 24 hours of availability for pickups. You need to remember that about 40-50% of the 1/2 marathon runners are doing the challenge and so need to pick their bibs up before it closes on Friday. I've never gone to an expo on the last day, but can't imagine that more than 5-10% of runners stop by on that day.

I know that before the 5k on Marathon Weekends in January they will usually have unannounced bib pickup available at the race start area, but I can't say I've ever see them do that for any of the big races. You could chance going over to the start area day of and see if they do the same, but there is a shot they won't and you wouldn't be allowed in any of the corrals w/o a bib.

Texas84

Try contacting runDisney. Worth a try.

https://www.rundisney.com/help/contact/

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I would also ask runDisney why they close the Expo so early Saturday. Surely remaining open until 5:00 pm wouldn't affect much.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom