Picking up MB's at resort before check-in

The_Jobu

Original Poster
I've tried to search if this question has been asked before and nothing came up, so apologies if I missed something.

I am staying on-site but I don't live in the US so my only option is to pick up my MB's at the resort. The issue is our first planned day at the parks is also the day of check-in. Ideally, I'd prefer to pick up our MB's the night before so we can be at the parks for rope drop, then check-in to our rooms later that night. Does anyone know if that would be possible, or would I have to get to the resort around 6am to get my MB's and then get to the parks before rope drop?

Cheers!

CAPTAIN HOOK

Does anyone know if that would be possible,
I don't know for sure but -
Check in is generally from around 2pm so doing so before that should be out of the question.
As you will have park tickets covering your arrival day I don't think Disney will be able to prevent you obtaining them / using them before you actually check-in - whether they would do that the evening before ? Probably not

The_Jobu

Original Poster
I don't know for sure but -
Check in is generally from around 2pm so doing so before that should be out of the question.
As you will have park tickets covering your arrival day I don't think Disney will be able to prevent you obtaining them / using them before you actually check-in - whether they would do that the evening before ? Probably not

It is a bit of a unique situation I suppose. I asked my Disney travel agent and they were also stumped.

Tom

Beta Return
Assuming you've booked a package, I don't believe your scenario will be possible.

You can "check in" at your resort anytime the day you arrive, but not before midnight that day. When you check-in, your tickets activate, along with a Dining Plan (if you have one), and it triggers your band to be able to open your room door when it's ready.

If your check-in date is, say, April 1, you can't check-in on March 31 (maybe there's a strange exception, but I've never heard of it). The system simply can't handle it.

However, you CAN check in at any time that morning, even 5 or 6am. You'd get your Magic Bands and your tickets would activate, letting you leave your bags with Bell Services and head to the parks for rope drop.

The_Jobu

Original Poster
Assuming you've booked a package, I don't believe your scenario will be possible.

You can "check in" at your resort anytime the day you arrive, but not before midnight that day. When you check-in, your tickets activate, along with a Dining Plan (if you have one), and it triggers your band to be able to open your room door when it's ready.

If your check-in date is, say, April 1, you can't check-in on March 31 (maybe there's a strange exception, but I've never heard of it). The system simply can't handle it.

However, you CAN check in at any time that morning, even 5 or 6am. You'd get your Magic Bands and your tickets would activate, letting you leave your bags with Bell Services and head to the parks for rope drop.

Thanks for the insight. My tickets and room were not part of a package and ordered separately, but your point does make sense. Can't give me the "key" to the room before I'm even checked in. Looks like I'll just have to get up a little earlier and be there around 6.

Luckily I'll have a car and our first park will be DAK so we should have no problems making rope drop hopefully.

Rob562

Thanks for the insight. My tickets and room were not part of a package and ordered separately, but your point does make sense. Can't give me the "key" to the room before I'm even checked in. Looks like I'll just have to get up a little earlier and be there around 6.

Luckily I'll have a car and our first park will be DAK so we should have no problems making rope drop hopefully.

If your tickets aren't part of a package and you already have the physical tickets, then you can just go to the park. You won't need the Bands to get into the park and use your FP+, you can just tap the tickets to the readers like any off-site Guest would do.

You can then pick the Bands up when you eventually check in.

Otherwise, stop by the resort anytime after 7am on your check-in day and they can check you in and give you your Bands even if your room isn't ready yet.

-Rob

The_Jobu

Original Poster
If your tickets aren't part of a package and you already have the physical tickets

Unfortunately I do not have physical tickets as those also aren't shipped outside the US, hence my need to get my MB's before we head to the parks. Looks like popping in the morning-of is my best bet.

You should be able to go to will call/ customer service desk at the entrance to the parks to get your tickets. I had a similar situation this past Fall except I had a package and wanted to get into the parks a day before my official check in. I just went to the customer service window and they activated my bands, I am sure they could also issue you a ticket since you purchased it separately and shouldn't be tied to your reservation.

The_Jobu

Original Poster
You should be able to go to will call/ customer service desk at the entrance to the parks to get your tickets. I had a similar situation this past Fall except I had a package and wanted to get into the parks a day before my official check in. I just went to the customer service window and they activated my bands, I am sure they could also issue you a ticket since you purchased it separately and shouldn't be tied to your reservation.

Very interesting. It certainly would be nice to be able to avoid ducking into the Lodge the morning we're off to the parks!

LeeA

I also think you could visit guest relations/will call desk at the park and they would issue you a RFID card to use. As long as you have ID, ticket confirmation etc.
Good luck and enjoy the trip! I'm sure AKL will be amazing!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom