Picking a stateroom on the dream...

kasey1988

Original Poster
Like the subject says... I am struggling to pick a stateroom on board the dream. We are sailing in September and would like a room with a verandah, but they seem to vary in prices depending on categories. Can you share some pros/cons of different categories. 6b seems to be the cheapest in decks 8&9, good location?

The cruse date is sept 18th, any other wdwmagic peeps going then?

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
There are variying theories... based on what people prefer.

My preference is near the mid stairwells on the upper decks.. because it's the easiest to get to the pool decks and food available on them.

madbrad76

If you are prone to motion sickness, most people recommend a room near the center of the ship. However, with the newer, larger cruise ships that are equipped with stabilizers, suffering from motion sickness is less common. Like flynnibus said, it really comes down to what you prefer. Just keep in mind that both theaters, the shops, guest services, and the quick service eating places are at the front of the ship. Cabanas, the soda fountains, and the adult lounges are all at the rear of the ship.

216bruce

We sailed two weeks ago on The Dream and had a deck 9 mid-ship verandah room. Very easy to get to pools and upper deck activities and near the elevators and stairs. It was quite quiet even though its location (9060) was right at the elevators and stairs. The biggest issue with the room, and really any room on the upper levels was getting to and from dinners using the elevators, was crowds waiting to get on an elevator at peak times- like after dinner and to dinner or a show. It seems most people hesitate to use the stairs or walk to another set of lifts on the same deck and the elevators get backed up. You may end up waiting for a lift to get where you want to go, especially at midship. A bit of advice would be use the stairs if you can or walk to the aft, mid or forward elevators on whatever deck you are on. Less crowded than using the ones by the restaurants or atrium during these times. Which elevators depends on the location. No apparent motion of the ship during the entire cruise at midship, but if the seas get rough, you may feel a little bit of the ride.

ChuckElias

We had a less than enjoyable experience in stateroom 10545. Our stateroom got a lot of noise. I would probably choose Deck 9 or lower next time.

flynnibus

Premium Member
We had a less than enjoyable experience in stateroom 10545. Our stateroom got a lot of noise. I would probably choose Deck 9 or lower next time.

We stay right at midship on deck 10.. and the only noise we would get was some moving deck chairs in the morning and pirate party. some people don't like the overhang above the verranda as well. I think it's always a tradeoff of what you want... theater noise vs engine noise vs deck noise vs maids, etc :)

I look at it as... I have to walk the stairs and halls many times every day on board... I'm not sunning on my verrandah the same # of times :)

EOD K9

Deck 7 is good. I was on 6 both cruises. It is still middle enough on the ship that you aren't too high or low.

rick3236

We were deck 7 aft on the Dream on our last cruise and it was very good. There was very little noise and we were near to the aft elevators so had a very easy time getting around, we eat at Cabanas a lot, and can get there very easily form this part of the ship. This is our usual preference on the Dream. One time we booked late and did not get to choose our room and we ended up on deck 10 mid ship. It turns out our room was right under the hot tub, and we heard chairs scraping, people running and noise all night. It was not a good location.

harveyt0206

I let my travel agent -Tammy Whiting, @Disneyfalcon here on WDWMagic - pick it for me. I told her my wishes/concerns/issues and she picked an awesome room for us. Because she is so familiar with those ships, she is a great resource.

rick3236

I let my travel agent -Tammy Whiting, @Disneyfalcon here on WDWMagic - pick it for me. I told her my wishes/concerns/issues and she picked an awesome room for us. Because she is so familiar with those ships, she is a great resource.

Tammy is awesome, we have used her on 4 of our 6 cruises. She knows our room preference also and always gets us a stateroom right where we want to be (except the one we booked at the last minute, but she warned us that we would get whatever room was left).

PolynesianPrincess

We had a 6A on our first cruise, which is decks 8 and 9, room #8178. We were pretty far aft and did not care for how far back we were. We felt a LOT of vibrations when we went into port. Also while it was close to the aft elevtors, if we wanted to do anything forward on the ship, we had a lot of walking to do. On our second cruise we actually booked a VGT which is a sale price and you can't pick your room. DCL assigns it for you. It's a gamble because you don't know where you will end up. We ended up on deck 7 in a family sized verandah room, #7144. while it was between the midship and aft elevators, it was closer to the aft. We felt some vibrations, but not as much as the previous stateroom. For our week on the Fantasy we're in room #7554 between the forward and midship elevators. This will be the furthest forward we have stayed. In Sept, we're doing a 3 night on the Dream and this time we chose an oceanview stateroom with porthole window. We wanted to get a feel of a room without a verandah and since this only a 3 night cruise, we figured this would be a good time to do it. We're room #6674 so we are pretty far aft but since it's only a 3 nighter, we don't feel this will be a problem. It all depends on what you want to be close to. We feel both times we've cruised before, decks 7 and 8 were perfect for us since it's not too far of a walk up to Cabanas, the pool deck, etc.. or too far of a walk down to the adult area, atrium, etc... I don't see us doing anything less than a 5D in the future though (deck 6) unless it's a VGT room and we just want a low price.

wdwstateofmind

If you are prone to motion sickness, most people recommend a room near the center of the ship. However, with the newer, larger cruise ships that are equipped with stabilizers, suffering from motion sickness is less common. Like flynnibus said, it really comes down to what you prefer. Just keep in mind that both theaters, the shops, guest services, and the quick service eating places are at the front of the ship. Cabanas, the soda fountains, and the adult lounges are all at the rear of the ship.
Having staying aft of the ship, it rocks like no other...we were told not even the stabilizers fix it in the rear and next time to get a room center or forward...to add, staying aft is loud and you definitely feel the engines...we were on deck 8 and I could still tell you what the boat was doing just sitting in bed.

stalkingmickey

we are just two adults and wanted to stay forward we stayed deck 9 room 9025. It was perfect. We were 2 decks below adult pool and bar and I did not feel boat once. If we end up on dream again I will request this room. I did not need to be in middle for any kids so front was perfect for us and will be on Magic next June and are 2nd room from the front can't wait. You will love the Dream the ship is Beautiful!

loveofamouse

we just got back off the dream. we were 8590 deck 8 mid ship near elevators. Like PP said, the downside was the elevators getting backed up after meals, shows, and the drill. We ended up taking the stairs often which was an issue for our disabled child so with him, we often waited for the elevators. Also, being midship, you get every kid running by from your deck. As for noise and vibrations, other than kids in the Pway, it was silent for us and hardly a tremor. We enjoyed it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom