PHOTOS - Waterside Park and section of The Landing opens at Disney Springs

mm121

It's interesting that they took the walls down from in front of the in-complete stores. I wonder if they plan to put walls back up after the holiday's to finish these.

they can finish out the interiors with them closed up, then just swap out the windows overnight once complete

its possible some of these locations are being built on spec without specific tenants yet, probably planned to open closer to the completion of the boathouse, etc.

as currently eventhough the path is open theres not much activity down there

GoofGoof

Premium Member
On the last concept art picture is the "tent like" structure out over the water the dockside bar at the Boathouse or something else. I assume the building to the left of the band is the hangar. Any word yet on what that will actually be? Bar, restaurant or both?

I really like the use of the water and waterfront seating. I'm not expecting major acts to perform in that small area, but having live music will be a nice addition to the area.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
On the last concept art picture is the "tent like" structure out over the water the dockside bar at the Boathouse or something else. I assume the building to the left of the band is the hangar. Any word yet on what that will actually be? Bar, restaurant or both?

I really like the use of the water and waterfront seating. I'm not expecting major acts to perform in that small area, but having live music will be a nice addition to the area.
That is the dock for the boathouse. It is small, so I am assuming it is the boarding area for the cruises that will depart from there.

The Hangar is primarily a bar.

Last edited by a moderator:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Some nice new details popping up in this area.

DSC01538.jpg

DSC01540.jpg

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Sunday, Sept 6. The 3rd Disney ferry boat dock at The Landing now has signage. My prediction is this dock may open about the same time as The Hangar Bar (Sept 22), which is next door. As noted by the signs in this photo, ferry traffic to the nearby Disney resorts will remain at the Marketplace and West Side docks only. The painted sign on the wall of The Hangar Bar says "Fishing Tours."

IMG_6124.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom