PHOTOS - Town Square Theater signage added to the Main Street Exposition Hall

castlecake2.0

Im confused, so is there going to be a Main Street Theatre and a Main Street Cinema? Is it supposed to be a theatre like with live actors sorta deal, is that its back story?

NEL

Does anyone know when it would be done. I read in some article it was scheduled to open late spring. I am visiting WDW May 11-15 and I hoping it be open by them to experience it. :)

tirian

Im confused, so is there going to be a Main Street Theatre and a Main Street Cinema? Is it supposed to be a theatre like with live actors sorta deal, is that its back story?

Yep; in fact, Exposition Hall was already technically labeled a "theater," and Disneyland has both a Cinema and an Opera House Theater.

MarkTwain

That sign is... large. :dazzle: Not leaving anyone in doubt, are they?

That said, I can't express how glad I am for Mickey's new home. It sounds like a great way to feature Mickey in the park, and an excellent use for one of the grandest yet somehow most perpetually-underutilized buildings on Main Street.

disneychamp

I like the sign and think it is less overdone that the prior "Exposition Hall" signage...hopefully this will be it! I'm also hoping the interior is a lot less chaotic than it has been in recent years.

RAXIP

Im surprised to see Kodak as the sponsor still.

Why? They still sponsor the Kodak Picture Spots, the only film/cameras for sale, and provides the complimentary park Guidemaps. They only dropped their sponsorship of the Imagination! pavilion. Town Square Thearter is still the home of PhotoPass and soon you'll also be taking photos with Mickey & Minnie (and the Princesses) there too.

That sign is... large. :dazzle: Not leaving anyone in doubt, are they?

It's smaller than the Expo Hall sign.

jt04

THAT is a first class sign and hopefully reflects what is going on inside.

Does anyone know if those are LED lights designed to look like old fashioned marquee lights?

suechris2

Old theater inside the Town Square Hall

Maybe this has been mentioned somewhere else but heres the question. I used to go in the Hall to cool off and watch old movies. It was also a good place to take pictures with the cutouts. They had SnowWhite, 101 dalmations, steamboat willie.etc.. it was in the back on the right.
What happened to that stuff. It was a nice quiet place to chill for a bit. DId they move parts of that somewhere else or is it just gone?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Maybe this has been mentioned somewhere else but heres the question. I used to go in the Hall to cool off and watch old movies. It was also a good place to take pictures with the cutouts. They had SnowWhite, 101 dalmations, steamboat willie.etc.. it was in the back on the right.
What happened to that stuff. It was a nice quiet place to chill for a bit. DId they move parts of that somewhere else or is it just gone?

It's a good question. I don't know what happened to those parts, but I'm guessing they have been scrapped or are backstage somewhere. I'm not aware that they have been relocated anywhere in guest areas.

suechris2

thats to bad

I like taking pictures there. We have certain spots where we like to take pictures of our son there as he grows. That was one of those places. We go a lot and it's nice to see the year to year change in him each time we go. Our first 2 trips with him we went in there but September 09 it was closed off and also in May 10. I didn't realize it was going to be gone for good :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom