PHOTOS - MyMagic+ MagicBand passholder edition unboxing

I received mine two days ago. My discount card was gold. Is there a difference between the black and gold cards?
Is black for Premium Annual Passholders?

tampabrad

I am guessing the inside of the box matches the band color as well. I got a blue band and everything inside the box was blue. Can't wait till I can use it next week!!!

mrerk

Premium Member
I am guessing the inside of the box matches the band color as well. I got a blue band and everything inside the box was blue. Can't wait till I can use it next week!!!
Not sure about that. Our package had 3 bands, all different colors. I don't recall what color the inside of the box was.

mrerk

Premium Member
So what happens when my passes run out? Will the new passes tie back to the old bands or will I get new MB's? I usually don't renew. I just buy new ones at the beginning of my next trip.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

My daughter's is pink and the box is blue, so Disney is not tailoring the color of the box to the color of the band - too expensive to do so (and they've blown enough on the project).

LAKid53

Premium Member
Gold is for those APs that include parking and discounts. Black is for APs that only include discounts.

However, WDW made a mistake with ours - we have AP (not Seasonal or Weekday) and our discount cards are black, nice looking, but black. When I called GS, they had to check their info (what, GS doesn't know?!) to make sure that I was correct - gold for those with parking privileges (he called it 'complementary parking') and black for those without. So when we go in April, another trek to GS to get things straight (and no customized card with name and expiration date). I ordered both our AP bands the same day; my daughter's arrived yesterday and mine hasn't shipped yet. Oh, well.....

LAKid53

Premium Member
So what happens when my passes run out? Will the new passes tie back to the old bands or will I get new MB's? I usually don't renew. I just buy new ones at the beginning of my next trip.

I asked a CM that very question and she couldn't answer it, so I don't think they know yet. If you renew (especially online), why not just send a new slider for that year? Unless WDW comes up with a design that is unique for AP. We will have to wait and see.

I asked a CM that very question and she couldn't answer it, so I don't think they know yet. If you renew (especially online), why not just send a new slider for that year? Unless WDW comes up with a design that is unique for AP. We will have to wait and see.
My Mom has to renew her AP before my next trip, it should be ok to use on the AP MB you get, as the MB is tied to the account, and as long as the AP is on your MDE account, it should work.

MissM

However, WDW made a mistake with ours - we have AP (not Seasonal or Weekday) and our discount cards are black, nice looking, but black. When I called GS, they had to check their info (what, GS doesn't know?!) to make sure that I was correct - gold for those with parking privileges (he called it 'complementary parking') and black for those without. So when we go in April, another trek to GS to get things straight (and no customized card with name and expiration date). I ordered both our AP bands the same day; my daughter's arrived yesterday and mine hasn't shipped yet. Oh, well.....
My order was totally wrong. They only let me customize Love's and not mine. The pending "order" was for just 1 band; his. (Ironically, I manage his AP so I logged into MY account and couldn't even complete an order for myself because it wasn't an option.) His arrived with a black card (should have been gold) and the expiration date was one day earlier than our AP's actually expire. (Black card said valid through 8/10/14 instead of 8/11/14.) We never got any emails about it shipping and there was never any tracking number in the account. (As a matter of fact, it's blank currently under "status" neither showing pending or shipped!) So pretty much everything they could mess up, they did.

Thankfully, we were part of the AP test in February so we already both have bands (not that we'll use them; we prefer the RFID tickets) and two proper gold discount cards from that shipment. Still though, it's a comedy of errors in what they did send us in the Passholder box. If this were my only shipment and I was anxiously waiting on it, ugh. What a disappointment that would be!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom