PHOTOS - First look inside the new Tutto Italia refurbishment and the new Tutto Gusto

aladdin2007

Its all booths now it looks like? Not real impressed with the standard looking brown booth walls and or the tables. Doesnt look at all comfortable. My mom saw the picture and said it looks like an old woolworths lol. Hoping in person it appears much better. Glad they retained the murals on the wall but...:shrug:

bethannk511

I just visited last week. It's dark wood with dim lighting, like a wine cellar! I sat at a table for 2 and it wasn't uncomfortable. The wait staff was great and the wine and small plate that I had were excellent!! Definitely going to be a staple for future Epcot visits!

Oh and ask your waiter for wine suggestions. The Sicilian Chardonnay that I had was served by the bottle only ($105/bottle) but they were doing a special and I had one glass for only $7!!!

aladdin2007

Anyone else been here yet??

Wondering same thing, havent heard a word about tutto italia, only tutto gusto, and I think theres been some confusion here about which one is being discussed.
Tried making a reservation last week for tutto italia and they werent accepting reservations, even months in advance, maybe the site was just down. :shrug:

Its all booths now it looks like? Not real impressed with the standard looking brown booth walls and or the tables. Doesnt look at all comfortable. My mom saw the picture and said it looks like an old woolworths lol. Hoping in person it appears much better. Glad they retained the murals on the wall but...:shrug:

Good thing they kept the tromp l'oeil murals, because they keep the interior somewhat classy.

Replace those wonderful murals with some more wood paneling, some large mirrors, a few cheap wall sconces, maybe throw in some white Christmas lights, and fill it up with cigarette smoke, and you've got those family-owned semi-classy semi-gaudy Italian restaurants I remember seemed to be everywhere (at least in suburban Connecticut, though Long Island and Jersey had them too) when I was a kid. Those places definitely weren't diners, but weren't the really nice and expensive places either, and had similar decor (chandeliers, huge vases) that was 60s vintage but tried to look "classic." It's almost like they transplanted a small place from Arthur Ave in the Bronx to Florida!

The Tutto Italia booths with the (I presume) fake marble are really a dead match for the booths in those places. All they need are those leather pillow top seats from a Chrysler Cordoba or an Oldsmobile 98 Regency Brougham and the experience would be complete.

But, I actually like it. The Olive Garden pretty much put a lot of those places out of business (or forced them to update), so add another piece of nostalgia to my visits to Florida.

Good thing they kept the tromp l'oeil murals, because they keep the interior somewhat classy.

Replace those wonderful murals with some more wood paneling, some large mirrors, a few cheap wall sconces, maybe throw in some white Christmas lights, and fill it up with cigarette smoke, and you've got those family-owned semi-classy semi-gaudy Italian restaurants I remember seemed to be everywhere (at least in suburban Connecticut, though Long Island and Jersey had them too) when I was a kid. Those places definitely weren't diners, but weren't the really nice and expensive places either, and had similar decor (chandeliers, huge vases) that was 60s vintage but tried to look "classic."

The Tutto Italia booths with the (I presume) fake marble are really a dead match for the booths in those places. All they need are those leather pillow top seats from a Chrysler Cordoba or any 70s Olds/Buick/Cadillac Brougham sedan and the experience would be complete.

But, I actually like it. The Olive Garden pretty much put a lot of those places out of business (or forced them to update), so add another piece of nostalgia to my visits to Florida (though a bunch of places on Arthur Ave in the Bronx still look just like this too).

real mad hatter

Never Judge a Book by it's Cover.

Well I've been to restaurants where chandeliers hang from the ceiling,table cloths whiter than Snow White,cutlery gleaming,wine glasses sparkle,and the food is bland and dying on the plate. Then there was this Greek restaurant in Glasgow that a friend recommended. I arrived by taxi and the outside hadn't seen a lick of paint in twenty years,inside the tables looked like something from the sixties,and the chairs were wooden wobbly things.However the food was outstanding,from starters,mains,to sweets.:wave:

palminnie

We dined there twice during our trip 4/28 - 5/8. We will definitely make sure we visit Tutto Gusto on future trips to WDW. We loved the wine selection as well as the small plates.

Here are some pictures of Tutto Gusto.

IMG_1084.jpg

IMG_1083.jpg

IMG_1082.jpg

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
We dined there twice during our trip 4/28 - 5/8. We will definitely make sure we visit Tutto Gusto on future trips to WDW. We loved the wine selection as well as the small plates.

Here are some pictures of Tutto Gusto.

IMG_1084.jpg

IMG_1083.jpg

IMG_1082.jpg

Woah great pics :wave:

This place looks amazing can't wait to see it in person!

What did you have there??

palminnie

My DH and I each had wine (they had a pretty good selection by the glass). We had a meat and cheese plate. It was $8 per choice or $14 for 3. Our first time at Tutto Gusto we ordered the $14 plate. We had Fontina, Parmigiano Regianno and Finocchionna (fennel and pepper flavored salame). We also ordered White Asparagus in lemon, garlic and olive oil and a pasta plate - pasta pomodoro. We loved the meat and cheese plate and the asparagus and pasta were excellent. We decided to order a dessert - Mocha Tiramisu. It was very good.

Our second visit to Tutto, we again ordered the $14 plate. This time we decided on Parmigiano Regianno, Proscuitto di Parma and Bufala Mozzarella. My DH wanted to try the Caponata and said it was very good. We split a pasta dish Rughetta e Patate (pasta, arugula, potato, pancetta, tomatoes, pecorino cheese). We ordered Biscottini which was a plate of small specialty cookies. The cookies were fantastic.

We loved the atmosphere in Tutto Gusto. We are definitely planning to return on our next trip to WDW.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
My DH and I each had wine (they had a pretty good selection by the glass). We had a meat and cheese plate. It was $8 per choice or $14 for 3. Our first time at Tutto Gusto we ordered the $14 plate. We had Fontina, Parmigiano Regianno and Finocchionna (fennel and pepper flavored salame). We also ordered White Asparagus in lemon, garlic and olive oil and a pasta plate - pasta pomodoro. We loved the meat and cheese plate and the asparagus and pasta were excellent. We decided to order a dessert - Mocha Tiramisu. It was very good.

Our second visit to Tutto, we again ordered the $14 plate. This time we decided on Parmigiano Regianno, Proscuitto di Parma and Bufala Mozzarella. My DH wanted to try the Caponata and said it was very good. We split a pasta dish Rughetta e Patate (pasta, arugula, potato, pancetta, tomatoes, pecorino cheese). We ordered Biscottini which was a plate of small specialty cookies. The cookies were fantastic.

We loved the atmosphere in Tutto Gusto. We are definitely planning to return on our next trip to WDW.

Sounds like another great hit for World Showcase :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom