Photopass?

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I tried looking it up but can't find my answer. How does photopass work for RunDisney? Can you get it for just the race? I will be an AP for the '18 Wine/Dine & '19 Princess which includes regular fastpass.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I tried looking it up but can't find my answer. How does photopass work for RunDisney? Can you get it for just the race? I will be an AP for the '18 Wine/Dine & '19 Princess which includes regular fastpass.

The photopass for rD is just the races and is included with your registration fee. Photopass photographers are stationed along the course of all the races, in addition to those at character M&Gs. In both the race guide and on the back of your race bib is the certificate number you need to enter in photopass to link and download your pictures. The number is a combination of the year, race, distance and bib number. So for the 2018 W&D Half, you'd enter 2018-wine-hlfx-xxxx. The Xs are your bib number. Once you've linked your race photos in the My Photos section of MDE, you'll select runDisney as the "park" to see them. You don't need to stop and have the photographers along the course scan your MB; they identify you by your bib number. Same when you get your medal picture after the race. I never stop for the M&Gs, so not sure if they need to scan your MB for those.

The photopass as part of your AP will be separate.

RunningKoen

Little addition to what LaKid93 said: as you dont have to stop to get your MB, it sometimes can get messy. Photos are labeled to a bib that is visible on a photo, and all photos labeled with your bib appear in the app.

Sometimes you get random pictures of other, where they tagged the wrong bib or when the bib wasnt visisble enough. If your own bib isnt visible on the photo, it wont show up in your MDE app either, cause the photographers cant label it.

TLDR: have your bib visible and do be suprised to someone else's pics (I saw 1405 when my bib was 405)

LAKid53

Premium Member
Little addition to what LaKid93 said: as you dont have to stop to get your MB, it sometimes can get messy. Photos are labeled to a bib that is visible on a photo, and all photos labeled with your bib appear in the app.

Sometimes you get random pictures of other, where they tagged the wrong bib or when the bib wasnt visisble enough. If your own bib isnt visible on the photo, it wont show up in your MDE app either, cause the photographers cant label it.

TLDR: have your bib visible and do be suprised to someone else's pics (I saw 1405 when my bib was 405)

I had a couple show up in my medal photo as an extra pic. Their bib numbers weren't even close to mine. So I checked their races photos to see if I was in any of them. Nope. But they sure had cute couple race photos, lol.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I have a random photo of a woman in mine from this weekend too, not only is the bib number not visible but she looks nothing like me - she has very long dark hair, mine is shoulder length blonde - and our clothing (colors and styles) were very different too - I was running in long sleeves and running tights, she's in a tank top and shorts. It's always amusing when this happens ;)

LAKid53

Premium Member
I have a random photo of a woman in mine from this weekend too, not only is the bib number not visible but she looks nothing like me - she has very long dark hair, mine is shoulder length blonde - and our clothing (colors and styles) were very different too - I was running in long sleeves and running tights, she's in a tank top and shorts. It's always amusing when this happens ;)

Tank top and shorts, for the Half? I'd be a frozensicle wearing just that.

RunningKoen

With the few thousands photo's to proces, I doubt they tag them based on looks ;-)

Might have been just a really bad tag, of the photo was made just before or after you and linked because of that.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
With the few thousands photo's to proces, I doubt they tag them based on looks ;-)

Might have been just a really bad tag, of the photo was made just before or after you and linked because of that.

I thought that at first, but then looking back at my other photos, I don't see this person running near me in any photos.

Tank top and shorts, for the Half? I'd be a frozensicle wearing just that.

Me too, I don't know how she didn't freeze! She may have been one of these people that shed layers while running but when the wind picked up again Saturday morning I'd imagine that she regretted shedding them - I only shed one layer and somewhere around the 8 mile marker I wished I had that layer again...

lukacseven

Photos are included in registration fee??? I used the code with my bib and can view my race photos, but they are watermarked. We were told you had to buy them as an in-app purchase to remove the watermark.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Photos are included in registration fee??? I used the code with my bib and can view my race photos, but they are watermarked. We were told you had to buy them as an in-app purchase to remove the watermark.

I had purchased memory maker for my trip and was able to add my race photos to it.

LAKid53

Premium Member

I don't remember seeing a watermark on mine in my MDE account. I just looked at them. No watermark. And I mailed one to myself.

lukacseven

There were 6 of us running - 2 Goofys, 1 marathon & 3 halfs (or halves?). All of the Photosshow up in the MDE app, but have a Disney PhotoPass watermark on them. We asked about it and were told we needed to purchase them (and there is a know issue for Apple users w/ iOs 11). You need to forward a receipt from the iTunes store to Disney. Anyone else have any thoughts?

LAKid53

Premium Member
There were 6 of us running - 2 Goofys, 1 marathon & 3 halfs (or halves?). All of the Photosshow up in the MDE app, but have a Disney PhotoPass watermark on them. We asked about it and were told we needed to purchase them (and there is a know issue for Apple users w/ iOs 11). You need to forward a receipt from the iTunes store to Disney. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Interesting. I wonder if that's something new starting in 2018. None of my 2017 W&D photos have watermarks.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Mine did until I claimed (or activated or applied - can't remember exactly what it said) my memory maker - then the water marks instantly disappeared (on all my runDisney and parks photos)

LAKid53

Premium Member
Mine did until I claimed (or activated or applied - can't remember exactly what it said) my memory maker - then the water marks instantly disappeared (on all my runDisney and parks photos)

I don't have any watermarks on my park photos. Both ride and ones taken by PP photographers. But all those were taken prior to January 2018.

So was this added January 1st. Or is this particular to Apple OS devices?

ETA: Just realized. If you're not a WDW AP, you have to purchase MM. I am, so photopass is one of my benefits. Maybe that's why photos show up without a watermark, at least park ones.

dreamfinder

If you have an AP, or purchase Memory Maker then all your pictures will be included. The AP should automatically have the watermark removed, if you buy Memory Maker then you would need to activate it to have the watermarks removed.

As mentioned, to claim/link the pictures you will need to enter the appropriate code for the event, inserting your bib number instead of the X's. Some pictures may show up day of, others may take a few days to show up. And just like with normal photopass pictures, if you are missing one you know you had taken, use their lost photo form and they can hopefully help find it. As they are all tagged off your bib number mistakes happen, and bibs can be covered/unreadable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom