Photopass videos on app

loveofamouse

Original Poster
On our recent trip, j was playing around on the app and came across ride pics and videos taken from rides. Thing is, I didn't scan my band at these rides. Some had just my kids. Is disney really watching us like that now? Lol. It was a little weird to find all of these pics and videos of us on rides when we didn't even scan. Can someone tell me how this is going now? How does this work? Is it only bands? Only passholders?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
You don't have to scan the band for the automatic ride photos and videos. It can read the magic bands from long range(what the battery is needed for in the band the touch points/short range don't need a battery) and that's how you get them. :)

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I wasn't aware the band's had batteries lol. Mine are old as my new ones were stolen

Yep they have batteries but are only needed for the long range functions not for any of the touch points. So even if the battery dies at some point (2-4 years) you can still use them for everything but the long range automatic photos and such on rides. Those photos can be retrieved though if they are missed by calling photo pass customer service. :)

Jon81uk

At some point on the ride, it scans for the bands in each vehicle and then afterwards it adds the video/photo to your MDE.

No-one knows if Disney are "tracking" you. They might have other readers off ride, but they would be more obvious when they aren't hidden in a ride. So either the readers aren't there or are so well hidden, no-one knows if they actually exisit.

dreamfinder

This of it like EzPass/FastPass for tolling. It reads your band as you pass through part of the ride. If you don't have a newer band with valid battery, it's cant pick it up so the videos wouldn't be auto loaded.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom