Phone Interview set up for friday!!

Adler91

Original Poster
so i've been reading a lot of these searching for questions that might be asked during the phone interview. I'm making a cheat sheet haha.

I've never been to disneyworld or land and I'm worried that might have an effect?

Anyways! Any tips or any stories?!

CaptainShortty

What are you interviewing for?? That will help me help you with questions. I've done two interviews with them. One for the college program and one for one of 11 Professional Internships.

wilkeliza

I have my phone interview tomorrow night. It is crazy how quickly all of this actually happens. I was a little bummed that I didn't get very far in the Professional Internship application process but I made it all the way to phone interview for college program and am excited for what that opportunity might open up.

Question if you applied for both WDW and Disneyland will it just be done on the same interview? I really would prefer Disneyland because I want to move to CA in a year or two anyways but of course I would be happy with either since it is just temporary.

Pioneer Hall

I have my phone interview tomorrow night. It is crazy how quickly all of this actually happens. I was a little bummed that I didn't get very far in the Professional Internship application process but I made it all the way to phone interview for college program and am excited for what that opportunity might open up.

Question if you applied for both WDW and Disneyland will it just be done on the same interview? I really would prefer Disneyland because I want to move to CA in a year or two anyways but of course I would be happy with either since it is just temporary.

Not sure how it works with the CP, but in the PI phone interview they asked if I had a preference or if there was a location I wouldn't consider. Not sure if they have combined interview processes for the CP like that as well.

CaptainShortty

Congratulations on making it to the phone interview for the CP. =) You will only have one interview for the college program. During the interview they'll ask you your preference on Disney World or Disneyland and you can tell them that you'd prefer DL but would also do WDW.

A few tips for your interview...
1. Have a stellar answer for "Why do you want to work for Disney?". I love Disney just isn't enough. State why you want to work for the company beyond that.

2. "Dress up" for your interview. Of course since it's a phone interview you don't have to wear a business suit but don't wear sweatpants either. You'll be more likely to act business-like on the phone if you dress the part.

3. SMILE!!! It sounds so cheesy and ridiculous but they can hear your smile in an interview.

4. Have you resume, role checklist, and a list of good/bad qualities (leadership, positive qualities, negative qualities, etc.) about yourself to help you in the interview. Take advantage of the fact that it's a phone interview.

GOOD LUCK!! I hope you get the chance to experience the opportunity of a lifetime!!

wilkeliza

Thanks for tips.

Luckily I know why I'm apply for Disney and why the college program specifically and even have contemplated why I prefer Disneyland over Disney World although I would be more than thrilled to work at either. I really hope I can show them that I am Disney quality and make it. This is my last chance at CP and for what I want to do inside the Disney community CP will be a step in the right direction since I've heard it helps a lot in getting the higher professional internships.

Adler91

Original Poster
What are you interviewing for?? That will help me help you with questions. I've done two interviews with them. One for the college program and one for one of 11 Professional Internships.

I'm applying for the college program. At disneyworld. But i don't wanna work with the food, is there anyway i can avoid that?

CaptainShortty

I'm applying for the college program. At disneyworld. But i don't wanna work with the food, is there anyway i can avoid that?

There's no way to 100% avoid it but you can definitely bring it up in your interview. Just be able to back up WHY you don't want to work with food. You should be fine with that. Of course no guarantees but I can't see it being a problem as there are so many other roles.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom