Pete Did Appear In-Park

EagleScout610

What a wisecracker
Premium Member
Original Poster
202146503_375825277392999_4721231167041777398_n.jpg

Yes, that is Pete. He only appeared in Disney's Christmas Fantasy Parade in the early days of WDW, and was cut out and replaced by Cruella when the Parade was shipped to Tokyo. Real shame he never showed up in WDW after this.

(It starts right when Pete shows up)

Last edited:

Heppenheimer

View attachment 566195
Yes, that is Pete. He only appeared in Disney's Christmas Fantasy Parade in the early days of WDW, and was cut out and replaced by Cruella when the Parade was shipped to Tokyo. Real shame he never showed up in WDW after this.

With Mickey Mouse Clubhouse being one of Disney+'s most streamed programs (our toddler can't get enough of it) , I'm surprised they haven't added him. Pete probably enjoys more popularity now than ever before.

Cmdr_Crimson

View attachment 566195

He was also in Steamboat Willie form during Disney on Ice....
DOv4n41V4AARXEP

And I found this one on Twitter..
EPpNapkUUAA1AlB

Dizmentia

He was also in Steamboat Willie form during Disney on Ice....
DOv4n41V4AARXEP

And I found this one on Twitter..
EPpNapkUUAA1AlB
Wow, I knew this existed, but have never actually seen it before. The Ice show costume looks pretty bad. The parade costume is cool. There was supposed to be an animatronic Pete at Pete's Silly Sideshow (there was concept art for it online). At least Pete finally showed up at Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway.

brb1006

Kind of surprising that a Pete costume designed in the 70's had a big ol' cigar in his mouth (not that I mind it). I wonder if that's the reason they stopped bringing him out.
There was a brief period where Lampwick was seen holding a cigar during the Main Street Electrical Parade sometime on the late 1980s.

doctornick

With Mickey Mouse Clubhouse being one of Disney+'s most streamed programs (our toddler can't get enough of it) , I'm surprised they haven't added him. Pete probably enjoys more popularity now than ever before.
He’s also a character in Villainous (my kids love to play him).

I remember being surprised when they announced Pete’s Silly Sideshow for MK and then didn’t have his character appeal there as meetable.

brb1006

He’s also a character in Villainous (my kids love to play him).

I remember being surprised when they announced Pete’s Silly Sideshow for MK and then didn’t have his character appeal there as meetable.
Glad I wasn't the only person hoping Pete would had been meetable when they first opened.

Cmdr_Crimson

Kind of surprising that a Pete costume designed in the 70's had a big ol' cigar in his mouth (not that I mind it). I wonder if that's the reason they stopped bringing him out.
Well, they had some rooster character shown in the Disneyland Christmas parade that smoked it even had smoke come out of him..
tumblr_nd2ts6wx1K1s2wio8o4_500.gifv

JoeCamel

People smoked indoors at Disney World in the 80s. I hated getting stuck in line near chain smokers.
As an ex smoker I am apologizing for stinking up the place. When you smoke you truly have no idea how much it stinks. My parents house for pete's sake, they never smoked, I was the only one.

mharrington

Probably no later than the early 80s. Robin Hood and Song of the South characters started to become much rarer by then.
That picture looks like it's from Disneyland, given the big-pupiled Pluto there also. That Pluto was never used at WDW.

I also find it weird that Pete is not meetable, and yet we can still see images of him in the parks. He appears in Storybook Circus, both as the proprietor of his own Silly Sideshow (for which you have to enter through his big mouth!)...
Petes-Silly-Sideshow-meet-minnie-daisy-goofy-donald-entrance-sign-storybook-circus-fantasyland-magic-kingdom-disney-world.jpg

2012-10-06-5295.jpg

...and as the circus' resident strongman:
2021-WDW-Magic-Kingdom-Storybook-Circus-Posters-Strongman-Pete.jpg

Back when this was known as Toontown Fair, the bathrooms were called Pete's Garage:
Petes+Garage.JPG

At the Studios, meanwhile, Pete also appears in Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway, as a construction worker busting up the ground with a jackhammer, who seems to take sadistic delight in the racket his jackhammer seems to make:
Pete-in-City-Scene-Mickey-and-Minnies-Runaway-Railway-On-Ride-Hollywood-Studios.jpg

Finally, at Disneyland's Toontown, if you look up at the second-floor windows, you will notice that Pete apparently sells prosthetic limbs, harkening back to the days when he had a peg leg (hence the name "P.L. Pete"):
dajv9rq-a84bf6dc-6a55-4bf9-b9ec-cf6661a54316.jpg

But yeah, I'm not sure why Pete himself is not meetable. I've never even seen a costumed version of him at all, outside of this one Disney ice show about Mickey (Pete was in a scene about "Steamboat Willie").

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom