PERMITS

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Hey, AARP membership starts at 50....

At 55+ you can get some Senior Discounts, then 60, 62, 65 and now Social Security full benefits are around 67.

Just got my Super Pass for the OC Fair, missed the 60+ discount, but almost there.....

Start claiming them, you earned it!

Just found out Del Taco gives AARP members a discount, even on Taco Tuesday... Makes a great deal even better. At our household, it is going to the Gym followed by picking up tacos... :)

Well I'm still in my 40s, so not quite there yet. But I have started receiving the "early" membership signup stuff for AARP in the mail.

SSG

Original Poster
BLD2018-02297 DCA - Hollywood Land - Disney Junior Dance Party - Tenant Improvement: Fall protection; rotate existing roof access ladder door. Install new guard rails and swing gates to two roof access hatches. Install warning flags at roof perimeter.

George Lucas on a Bench

Tennant improvement:

images.jpeg

SSG

Original Poster
BLD2018-02336 Disneyland - Tomorrowland / Star Tours II - Perimeter Control Pit #2 - Tenant Improvement: Enlarge interior fence perimeter 7 1/2 high to existing platform control panels.

SSG

Original Poster
BLD2018-02380 1616 S DISNEYLAND DR 517 (Golden Zepher). Description:Mechanical for (3) air conditioner replacements.

BLD2018-02381 Pacific Wharf/San francisco - Embarcardero - Remove and replace (2) fan coil units.

BLD2018-02384 DCA - BOH - Tray Wash / Beer Garden #412 - Tenant Improvement: Replace (1) 420 lbs fan coil unit, disconnect/reconnect utilities

SGN2018-00090 1616 S DISNEYLAND DR (DCA - Paradise Pier). Installation illuminated letters to face of fiberglass sculture reads "Angry dogs" located adjacent to food cart.

SSG

Original Poster
Uh, 'doritos canopy'?

SGN2018-00088 DCA - Paradise Pier Enhancements - Installation (2) entry sings located doritos canopy and (1) large illuminated channel letter. (NEED TO FIND OUT IF SIGN IS ON DORITO CANOPY AND LARGER SIGN WHAT BUILDING ADDRESS IS UNDER)

The address on this was updated to Blg 503 Incredicoaster

Ismael Flores

That was just my attempt at being funny, its not really Rancho Del Zocalo.

But really I think its the Incredicoaster queue building being referenced.

jsdgsv-624x351.jpg

I was really hoping that they would remove a section of the brown walls along the bridge so that visually it matched the artwork above.

The way it is now as you are walking on the bridge and look towards the Incredicoaster structure all you see is parts of the new roof structure because of the brown walls.

if they were to eliminate a piece of that wall it would open up the views nicely especially since that area in front of the building and next to the bridge has grown in nicely with the landscape.

They really only need to remove a small section and still have three billboards left and enough wall to cover the backstage area.

Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 10.34.22 AM.jpg

Phroobar

I was really hoping that they would remove a section of the brown walls along the bridge so that visually it matched the artwork above.

The way it is now as you are walking on the bridge and look towards the Incredicoaster structure all you see is parts of the new roof structure because of the brown walls.

if they were to eliminate a piece of that wall it would open up the views nicely especially since that area in front of the building and next to the bridge has grown in nicely with the landscape.

They really only need to remove a small section and still have three billboards left and enough wall to cover the backstage area.

View attachment 288375
Faceless people!! It's like an episode of Doctor Who.

hqdefault.jpg

Ismael Flores

Faceless people!! It's like an episode of Doctor Who.

The sad thing about it is that these people are in a theme park but they are walking with their heads down staring at their phone or plugged in listening to music. I now it shouldn't but I find that so irritating that people no longer enjoy their surrounding.

It reminds me of when i did the Inka trek in Peru. Here i was hiking and camping for one week, final destination Machu Pichu. high up in the Andes with some of the most spectacular views dotted with remains of an old civilization. a small group of hikers some of them rushing passed me racing to see who could get to the camping grounds first, and plugged in to their phones listening to loud music.
we were so high up their that the sound of the music in their earbuds resonated in the area. Then they would get to the campground and sit there and play games or watch movies ignoring the magnificent place they were in.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

View attachment 288375
And that may still happen as right now its behind construction walls. We'll see once the project is completely finished. And as we've been talking in the Pixar Pier thread this isn't all going to open on June 23rd. So that maybe another part of the project that gets completed at a later date.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The sad thing about it is that these people are in a theme park but they are walking with their heads down staring at their phone or plugged in listening to music. I now it shouldn't but I find that so irritating that people no longer enjoy their surrounding.

It reminds me of when i did the Inka trek in Peru. Here i was hiking and camping for one week, final destination Machu Pichu. high up in the Andes with some of the most spectacular views dotted with remains of an old civilization. a small group of hikers some of them rushing passed me racing to see who could get to the camping grounds first, and plugged in to their phones listening to loud music.
we were so high up their that the sound of the music in their earbuds resonated in the area. Then they would get to the campground and sit there and play games or watch movies ignoring the magnificent place they were in.

Well its a generational thing.

But if we are to believe that DLR is just full of APs with not many tourists, which some here claim is the reason for crowding. How many times can you marvel at your surroundings before seeing it all and getting bored.

Phroobar

Everyone in that picture is an AP. They even wear it proudly around their necks like they are at a convention or something.

I think the tourists are the ones running from ride to ride without stopping to see their environment. The APs are the ones with earbuds in starring at their phones. Then there are the few vloggers that are marveling at their environment.

SSG

Original Poster
Permit Number: BLD2018-02417 Status: Issued Map Info: 1313 S HARBOR BLVD 3101 (Pirates of the Caribbean) Electrical for (2) receptacles to support "Mint Julep."

Permit Number: BLD2018-02416 Status: Issued Map Info: 1717 S DISNEYLAND DR Electrical for (1) light to support Paradise Pier Hotel walk-way improvement. REF: BLD2018-02416

Darkbeer1

Once again, to SSG thanks for all the work you do in keeping this thread current.

There is a planning commission hearing next week in regards to M3 (The former Battle of the Dance), they are once again trying to get their hours of operation expanded in the evening/early morning hours. And once again, the staff report, and Anaheim Police recommend to not allow it. Nothing much is happening with the Planning Commission because the commissioners have their heads up, well, you know. No builder wants to deal with them, and are waiting until next year if possible, hoping some positive changes happen.

Old Mouseketeer

Once again, to SSG thanks for all the work you do in keeping this thread current.

There is a planning commission hearing next week in regards to M3 (The former Battle of the Dance), they are once again trying to get their hours of operation expanded in the evening/early morning hours. And once again, the staff report, and Anaheim Police recommend to not allow it. Nothing much is happening with the Planning Commission because the commissioners have their heads up, well, you know. No builder wants to deal with them, and are waiting until next year if possible, hoping some positive changes happen.

I'm curious about this. I thought the Battle of the Dance sounded like a weak concept and likely under-capitalized, possibly under-marketed. What has the experience been with M3? Have there been problems? Are the positions of staff and police unjustified? I don't have an agenda here. My assumption is that managing nightclub entertainment is a delicate balance. The old Spectrum east of Disneyland functioned for many years. What can you tell us about the particulars here?

Old Mouseketeer

Here is the staff report, which has the police statement attached. Pretty good history in the first two pages.

http://local.anaheim.net/departmentfolders/planning/PC/Item2.pdf

I agree with the staff. I have followed the history, and drive by the facility regularly. Attend a few events, but nothing recently

Very enlightening. It sounds like this was as bad an idea from the start as I had suspected. The original developer knew the zoning and the proximity of existing residential development. When you open a business you have to make critical decisions based on the facts, not on what you wish they were. Sounds like the current owners and operators are continuing to operate on wishful thinking.

SSG

Original Poster
BLD2018-02452 Disney - Fantasyland /West Facility - Electrical to replace subpanels (2) 200 amps, (2) 100 amps and (1) 150 amp for Pinnochio Ride and Snow White Ride attraction.

BLD2018-02438 DCA - Paradise Pier Enhancements / Coaster Entry and Cookie Structure - Electrical for (3) receptacles, lights, switches and a fire alarm device. REF BLD2018-01123/ BLD2018-02461 REF BLD2018-02013

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom