PERMITS

Darkbeer1

I am confused as to what's happening with this McDonalds permit.

The current McDonald's on the EAST side of Harbor, next to the Panera Bread is going to build a second structure on the current parking lot area. It is presumed to be for storage for the main building, so they can expand their kitchen.

SSG

Original Poster
The current McDonald's on the EAST side of Harbor, next to the Panera Bread is going to build a second structure on the current parking lot area. It is presumed to be for storage for the main building, so they can expand their kitchen.
So you're saying this isn't going into DTD? And the designation in the permit "DTD - Esplanade/West Plaza" is an error?

Last edited:

Darkbeer1

So you're saying this isn't going into DTD? And the designation in the permit "DTD - Esplanade/West Plaza" is an error?

Yes, based on some follow up, I hope to stop by the McDonald's to check for the signs of work. But the parcel numbers and everything else points to the East side of Harbor. And McDonald's adding an "out" building for storage is typical for an older large facility. FYI, McDonald's as a corporation makes more money on the real estate side than from franchise fees.

With DtD downsizing for the next few years due to the upcoming construction, doubt that you will see much new stuff being added.

SSG

Original Poster
Yes, based on some follow up, I hope to stop by the McDonald's to check for the signs of work. But the parcel numbers and everything else points to the East side of Harbor. And McDonald's adding an "out" building for storage is typical for an older large facility. FYI, McDonald's as a corporation makes more money on the real estate side than from franchise fees.

With DtD downsizing for the next few years due to the upcoming construction, doubt that you will see much new stuff being added.
I hope you're right. McDonald's would be an underwhelming addition to the resort.

Old Mouseketeer

I hope you're right. McDonald's would be an underwhelming addition to the resort.

It's a highly unlikely prospect. The DTD tenants generally don't directly conflict with major Disney streams of revenue. I can't believe Disney would allow a tenant that would dilute its fast food revenue in the park, and McD wouldn't pay the lease that Disney would demand and they couldn't build a facility large enough to handle the demand if they had prices anywhere near their street prices. There are already a lot of families willing to make the hike out and across Harbor to save a significant percentage on meals.
At EXPO86 in Vancouver, BC, McD was a corporate sponsor and operated several locations inside the fair. Part of their negotiation with Expo Corp. included balancing keeping their street prices in return for a reduced lease fee.
In addition, as a former park participant, I doubt Disney would preclude negotiating some future sponsorship with one of McD's competitors in the future.

SSG

Original Poster
Looks like Ariel's will get a good sized make over:

Received BLD2017-05253 WALT DISNEY WORLD CO 1616 S DISNEYLAND DR 501 (Ariels Grotto) DCA - Paradise Pier - Building 501 - Non Residential Addition: 192 s.ft new private dinning room. Gazebo 1,169 s.ft, dock conapy 1,758, south canopy 405 s.ft for existing outdoor dinning. Interior improvements lower lever 7,092, upper level 560 s.ft. and facade renovation 1,200.

SSG

Original Poster
Some queue, somewhere is being overhauled.

Received BLD2017-05360 WALT DISNEY WORLD CO 1313 S HARBOR BLVD Tenant Improvement: Redesign queue to provide accessibilitty/flow. 2,094 sq.ft. to construct (5) new canopy structures over queue. Install (3) awnings onto existing show structure. Install new pendent/cable strung lighting inside of shade structures and rim lighting on the exterior with new dimmer cabinet. 4ft. by 103 ln.ft. retaining wall with synthetic wood fence (over 80 ln.ft. only). 27 ft high by 40 ln.ft. synthetic wood fence behind existing show structure. Relocate (3) lamposts.

Ismael Flores

Some queue, somewhere is being overhauled.

Received BLD2017-05360 WALT DISNEY WORLD CO 1313 S HARBOR BLVD Tenant Improvement: Redesign queue to provide accessibilitty/flow. 2,094 sq.ft. to construct (5) new canopy structures over queue. Install (3) awnings onto existing show structure. Install new pendent/cable strung lighting inside of shade structures and rim lighting on the exterior with new dimmer cabinet. 4ft. by 103 ln.ft. retaining wall with synthetic wood fence (over 80 ln.ft. only). 27 ft high by 40 ln.ft. synthetic wood fence behind existing show structure. Relocate (3) lamposts.

Almost Sounds like the permits for Screamin.
Artwork shows the cone umbrella canopy structures over queue gone and replaced with new space saucer like structures and the loading area is getting a couple more awning to create the shape of the new look

SSG

Original Poster
Almost Sounds like the permits for Screamin.
Artwork shows the cone umbrella canopy structures over queue gone and replaced with new space saucer like structures and the loading area is getting a couple more awning to create the shape of the new look
Yeah, I was thinking that as well. The thing giving me pause is the 1313 Harbor address is usually used for Disneyland permits and 1515 Harbor is usually used for DCA. But that could be an error. I agree that Screamin' is most likely.

SSG

Original Poster
New Year stuff.

Received BLD2017-05386 MARK HOLLINGWORTH 1515 S HARBOR BLVD 300 (DCA - Hollywood) DCA - Hollywoodland - Radiator Springs - New Years Eve 2017 - Temporary Use: (2) stages (2) truss arches (4) truss towers all on ballast. Pemit. (Install on December 26, end January 2nd 2018)

Received BLD2017-05388 MARK HOLLINGWORTH 1515 S HARBOR BLVD 313 (Guardian of the Galaxy) DCA - Hollywood backlot - Rose Bowl Team Press Event - Temporary permit: Installation of press riser and truss structures to be anchored by concrete block ballast. ( Installed December 27th,2017 and will come down on same day)

SSG

Original Poster
A cell phone tower for Galaxy' Edge:

Received BLD2017-05414 WALT DISNEY WORLD CO 1313 S HARBOR BLVDDisneyland - SW - DL Frontierland Expansion - Antenna Cell Site: New 30' high monopole for future cell site adjecent to bldg #10040.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom