People on here are confusing me!

Iwannabeindisney89

Original Poster
I'm an annual passholder. I also have a reservation for a trip in April. Someone tell me how many magic bands I will receive pleaseeee lol. I keep reading about people thinking they're getting one for their AP plus additional ones for the hotel reservations they have booked. If this is the case then I'll be going crazy, I have three different on site hotel reservations for the next 6 months! I was under the assumption that I will have one magic band for the year and link everything to it. (Not an angry post just confused... Am I wrong in my thinking or are they!?)

horizons82

I'll let you know what I understand of this.

Yes, you will be getting separate MBs--one for being a passholder, and ones for each of your hotel stays (unless they change this at some point).

Regardless of how many MBs you receive, what matters is which ones you have associated as 'active'. You basically manage all of your MBs in your MDE account and there you tell it which ones you are actively using. Again, the MB itself does not contain your info in it, it merely triggers back to whatever is reserved/Fastpassed, and whatever other things are in your MDE. So yes, you could get your AP Magicband and use only that one regardless of how many others you get.

For your passholder MB, you should log into your MDE and look under your Magicbands link and you should be able to personalize and complete the band for shipping (which will be mid-March).

As for the April reservation, I thought they were sending bands out 30 days prior and that you had up until a certain day to customize. I believe if you have missed that deadline then you receive the generic gray band when you check in.

Again, I'm sure others will have more detailed (or corrected info), but this is what I know of it myself.

Good luck and enjoy your trip!

dreamfinder

The MBs just point back to your MDE account. Assuming that account is associated with each of your hotel stays, and your AP, then the bands can be used for admission interchangeably. Each time you make a valid hotel booking, as it stands you will receive a new magic band. Just keep piling them up, and get different colors in case your mood changes daily.

Iwannabeindisney89

Original Poster
oh ok i think i get it now. As long as my reservations and annual pass is linked to the MDE account all of that info will be on each one of my magic bands? regardless if i have 2 or 10?

lilclerk

oh ok i think i get it now. As long as my reservations and annual pass is linked to the MDE account all of that info will be on each one of my magic bands? regardless if i have 2 or 10?
Right, you can use your bands interchangeably, they all link back to whatever you have in your MDE account. You can always disable some of your bands if you don't want them all!

horizons82

You're mostly right ;)

The only difference is that nothing is actually stored 'on' your MagicBand. Everything from your hotel reservations to your passes/tickets to dining reservations is all stored in your MDE.

Within MDE you register which which MBs you want to be active and associated with your MDE so that when you use the registered MB it points/triggers to whatever passes/reservations. So if you don't register a particular MB to your MDE then that unregistered band will not do anything.

Iwannabeindisney89

Original Poster
i thought i understood until i just did a chat with an agent...:cry::cry::cry:

Me: hello i am an annual passholder and now see the option to chose a magic band. I also have hotel reservations for the end of April and the end of August. Will I be getting three different bands?

Agent: No, you may go ahead under "my Disney experience" and customize your magic band. They will send a whole new pass holder package including your magic band to you. This will be the band you will use for all future visits. All of this is new to pass holders

Agent: You will not receive two other bands, just one new package for anyone on your "my Disney experience"

its ok thanks for all the replies i guess i'll have to figure it out when im there lol

horizons82

Interesting...that is news to me...

I am in a similar situation where I am an AP and I also have an on-site stay for later this year.

At this point my MDE still shows my AP MBs will be sent soon and that I can still personalize the MBs I would receive for my resort stay.

So one of two things is the case:
Either the agent was incorrect and that you will still continue to receive MBs for stays in addition to your AP MB
or
The MDE will recognize your AP MB and that will act as a master MB and that the system will see no point in giving you more in the future.

That's what I get out of this anyhow.

In the end, all you really need to make sure of is that whatever MB you do want to use at a given time is registered within your MDE or else the MB won't work--that's all it basically comes down to.

PolynesianPrincess

I'm a passholder and have gotten 4 MBs so far: 1 for my stay in Sept, 2 for a split stay in November and 1 for a stay in February. Unless that has changed recently to just 1 MB for passholders?

horizons82

I'm a passholder and have gotten 4 MBs so far: 1 for my stay in Sept, 2 for a split stay in November and 1 for a stay in February. Unless that has changed recently to just 1 MB for passholders?

It might be that now that they seem to officially have the My Magic+ in place for APs as well as now getting out the MBs to the APs that new MBs will not continually be given out, even for those staying at resorts.

This is just a guess, but it does seem hard to imagine WDW continually giving out bands to APs when they know they have already sent APs a band. APs getting more than one MB previously might have only been getting them because they didn't have the whole MB/FP+ set up for the APs yet. But I do not know this for sure.

lilclerk

It might be that now that they seem to officially have the My Magic+ in place for APs as well as now getting out the MBs to the APs that new MBs will not continually be given out, even for those staying at resorts.

This is just a guess, but it does seem hard to imagine WDW continually giving out bands to APs when they know they have already sent APs a band. But I do not know this for sure.
I hope they'll eventually see you have MBs from a previous resort stay and ask if you need new ones too. That would be nice, rather than getting one for every single reservation if you're taking multiple trips or split stays.

horizons82

I hope they'll eventually see you have MBs from a previous resort stay and ask if you need new ones too. That would be nice, rather than getting one for every single reservation if you're taking multiple trips or split stays.

Agreed. On one hand it seems silly to keep giving out more and more MBs to those who already have enough and don't want more, but at the same time I think anyone staying in a resort (including APs) should be able to receive a new band if they request one, since they are still paying to stay at a resort.

dreamfinder

i thought i understood until i just did a chat with an agent...:cry::cry::cry:

Keep in mind that many of the agents online and on the phone know less than we do on the boards, and often find out things for the first time when we tell them. They try their best, but sadly even official channels are often wrong. However, the Magic Band/MDE stuff is changing on a frequent basis. So even what may have been the official accurate last word Monday afternoon when the agents were briefed, may be totally different Thursday morning and they don't get a new briefing until the following Monday. Right now everyone is having to adapt to the changes as they come and figure it out as we go.

jlsHouston

I'll let you know what I understand of this.

Yes, you will be getting separate MBs--one for being a passholder, and ones for each of your hotel stays (unless they change this at some point).

Regardless of how many MBs you receive, what matters is which ones you have associated as 'active'. You basically manage all of your MBs in your MDE account and there you tell it which ones you are actively using. Again, the MB itself does not contain your info in it, it merely triggers back to whatever is reserved/Fastpassed, and whatever other things are in your MDE. So yes, you could get your AP Magicband and use only that one regardless of how many others you get.

For your passholder MB, you should log into your MDE and look under your Magicbands link and you should be able to personalize and complete the band for shipping (which will be mid-March).

As for the April reservation, I thought they were sending bands out 30 days prior and that you had up until a certain day to customize. I believe if you have missed that deadline then you receive the generic gray band when you check in.

Again, I'm sure others will have more detailed (or corrected info), but this is what I know of it myself.

Good luck and enjoy your trip!

I think this is the most accurate of info regarding MB's. I have had 4 reservations since November and I now have 4 MB's....collecting those colors I am. Since the bands are linked to my AP, any of them will get me into the parks. If I am onsite the resort can also put my reservation on each of my active bands and I can use any of them for charging or opening the room door.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom