paying for magic band purchases

fluffyman24

Original Poster
If I store a credit card on my magic bands can I pay the amount I've spent using cash instead of it going off the card at the end of the trip?

Tom

Beta Return
If I store a credit card on my magic bands can I pay the amount I've spent using cash instead of it going off the card at the end of the trip?

Yes, but you need to stop by Guest Relations at your Resort a few times during the trip to pay down the balance. They will automatically charge everything to your card the last night of your trip, and possibly earlier in the trip if you hit a certain threshold (I don't know what that amount is).

So, when you check-in, let them know you're wanting to do that and see what the threshold is before they auto-charge. Then you can gauge your spending and be sure to visit the front desk well before it hits that mark.

Rob562

The official thresholds that @Tom mentioned are $500 at a Value resort, $1000 at a Moderate, and $1500 at Deluxe and DVC resort.

(I've also read it's $2000 when in a Grand Villa (3-bedroom) at a DVC resort but I've never seen anything official)

-Rob

Otterhead

This is possible now that they changed the way payments are made. As Tom says, they will default to charging everything at the end, but you can triple check with Guest Relations and then cross your fingers; I've had extremely poor experiences so far with CMs putting accurate notes on the account for credit card charges.

When they did the Magic Band beta test, each purchase was charged separately at the moment of the transaction, for everyone on that credit card. Two of my travel companions had their cards shut down by their banks the first morning we were there because they were flagged for fraud concerns!

Tom

Beta Return
This is possible now that they changed the way payments are made. As Tom says, they will default to charging everything at the end, but you can triple check with Guest Relations and then cross your fingers; I've had extremely poor experiences so far with CMs putting accurate notes on the account for credit card charges.

When they did the Magic Band beta test, each purchase was charged separately at the moment of the transaction, for everyone on that credit card. Two of my travel companions had their cards shut down by their banks the first morning we were there because they were flagged for fraud concerns!

That issue is no longer a concern. They charge your entire folio overnight, just before your check-out day, unless you hit the threshold earlier in the week.

If you want to pay down your account, you need to do it before the last night of your trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom