News Passholder Benefits Shifting

Magic Feather

Original Poster
Attendance recently has been not meeting projections across WDW, causing concern amongst management. As a result, a variety of programs have shifted. The big one being that most Low level Passholders can now visit during June (up to the 29th). Also, due to low Epcot Lite (now without a Festival) attendance, Passholder magnets have moved from studios (the expected attendance bomb) to Epcot (the actual one).

TLDR:
Lower Level Passholders are un-blocked until TSL opens
Magnets Move to Epcot
Attendance caused these

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

Attendance recently has been not meeting projections across WDW, causing concern amongst management. As a result, a variety of programs have shifted. The big one being that most Low level Passholders can now visit during June (up to the 28th). Also, due to low Epcot Lite (now without a Festival) attendance, Passholder magnets have moved from studios (the expected attendance bomb) to Epcot (the actual one).

TLDR:
Magnets Move to Epcot
Attendance caused these
I don’t particularly want one, but how is there not a summer festival, yet? What do they expect to happen with Sounds Like Summer being replaced with a bizarre Guardians show? No real reason to go to Epcot this summer...better do better than a magnet from 6/30 on.

SuperStretccch

I've noticed Epcot has been less crowded than usual lately. When I went at the beginning of May, nearly every ride was 30 minutes or less except for Test Track. I got on Frozen in 20 minutes, which almost never happens unless you rope drop or go early. I can see why they moved the magnet to Epcot, but they probably need more than that if they want to boost the attendance up until F&W.

winstongator

Attendance recently has been not meeting projections across WDW, causing concern amongst management. As a result, a variety of programs have shifted. The big one being that most Low level Passholders can now visit during June (up to the 29th). Also, due to low Epcot Lite (now without a Festival) attendance, Passholder magnets have moved from studios (the expected attendance bomb) to Epcot (the actual one).

TLDR:
Magnets Move to Epcot
Attendance caused these
Guess where I went right after I got the holiday passholder magnet at DHS? Epcot. I still enjoy it.

mikejs78

Premium Member

TLDR:
Magnets Move to Epcot
Attendance caused these
Any thoughts to why attendance isn't up to projections? Is this Epcot specific or resort wide?

Could it be price increases/parking charges/etc finally having some impact?

TeriofTerror

TLDR:
Magnets Move to Epcot
Attendance caused these
Wow; they're, um, really serious about this, aren't they?
(That sarcasm isn't even remotely directed at you.)

I just spent the entire night at HS and really enjoyed it. Obviously they are short on attractions but the ones that they have for the most part are pretty quality. Epcot at the current moment feels lifeless. They need something big and fast... it’s going to be a long 2-3 years for Epcot if they are waiting until ‘21 to breathe some life into it

GlacierGlacier

DHS has an atmosphere that both Epcot and even a bit of Magic Kingdom lacks. My favorite corner of any park is the second deck of the pizzarizzo outdoor seating, looking towards grand Avenue. The area itself is uniquely themed for WDW, and the verticality is unique to pretty much every theme park.

The rest of the park has a wonderful little scale that reminds me of the feel of Disneyland.

Epcot doesn't really have much of a feeling. It used to. It could. But right now - it doesn't. And that is much, much to its detriment.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don’t particularly want one, but how is there not a summer festival, yet? What do they expect to happen with Sounds Like Summer being replaced with a bizarre Guardians show? No real reason to go to Epcot this summer...better do better than a magnet from 6/30 on.

I don’t suppose the clientele has wised up and decided that festivals aren’t cutting it for $125 a day...plus a fee to park in your empty hotel parking lot based on the class of the concrete? 🤡

ryguy

I really hate that there are two rides in Epcot and you can only get one fast pass. Unfortunaltely all four Disney theme parks are stale and have been for quite some time now. Epcot and Studios obviously being the worst. But MK isn't much better. AK tried but I haven't even rode the new boat ride because the line is insane. And if you don't have a fast pass for Flight of passage forget about it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom