Part time/Seasonal work

thegrimace8604

Original Poster
Hello all...I have recently gotten my Masters Degree in education and am looking for a full time Teaching position. My hope is that I can find one around the Orlando area so that I can work at the parks part time/seasonally....is this feasable? how exactly does seasonal employment work?

Pioneer Hall

It definitely would be since you would have the busiest times of year available to work. I don't know all the details, but you probably would want to ask casting. I know there is a minimum number of hours you have to work during the year in order to keep your seasonal status.

Tinkrbell

I'm seasonal in costuming. I havent gotten a very definitive answer about how much I have to work to keep my status, but I've heard everything from 1 shift to 40 hours. I've heard the 40 hour rule more often though. I went down over my winter break from school & was able to work 2 shifts, so 16 hours. I'm going down in August for the College Program & I'm hoping I can work the day before I check in & then pick up a few shifts on my days off so I can keep my seasonal status.

Pioneer Hall

I'm seasonal in costuming. I havent gotten a very definitive answer about how much I have to work to keep my status, but I've heard everything from 1 shift to 40 hours. I've heard the 40 hour rule more often though. I went down over my winter break from school & was able to work 2 shifts, so 16 hours. I'm going down in August for the College Program & I'm hoping I can work the day before I check in & then pick up a few shifts on my days off so I can keep my seasonal status.

Wouldn't your status switch since you are going to be going to a part/full time role? You can't have 2 employment statuses. I think you would have to switch back to seasonal after the CP is over.

BoardWalkBelle

Finding a teaching job in FL now is more difficlt than working for Disney :0
Yes, you can definately work pt at disney while working a full time job.You would have to apply for a pt job as they dont offer seasonal anymore to new hires.

Tinkrbell

Wouldn't your status switch since you are going to be going to a part/full time role? You can't have 2 employment statuses. I think you would have to switch back to seasonal after the CP is over.

Yes, my status would switch from costuming ct to merchandise cp, but all of my costuming skills & training is still good & wont expire because I switched roles. I can keep my skills as long as I work once a year. I have to work out the details, but I'm planning on staying seasonal in costuming after my program ends. I'm going to talk to my managers & casting about switching to costuming if a costuming cp leaves the program early.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom