parks at capacity

PhilharMagician

if you are staying at one of the disney resorts, are you guarenteed admittance into the parks when they are at capacity?

No, but you will have priority over guests not staying on property. If you plan on visiting say MK Christmas day and you think it might close down, then you should get there when it opens and take advantage of EMH mornings which is typically scheduled for those extremely busy days.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
No. During a phase 4 closure no one gets in. Phase 4 closures are quite rare.

Anyone by chance know the last time one of the parks hit phase 4 closure?

I remember when we were there for the millennium new years everything was full but MGM... it was the only place they would bus us too. We were uninformed at the time and assumed there would be no problem for people staying on site. Boy, were we wrong. LOL They did tell us if you are staying on site that you are guaranteed to get into A park... but not necessarily the park of your choice....not sure if that was just for that day, or an old policy by this point... but that's what we were told then.

I was devastated.... we so wanted to be at EPCOT and were determined not to spend the evening at MGM. A nice CM at MGM told us our only hope was to take a boat to EPCOT and try to get in the international gateway.

so we tried it and it worked!! not sure why..... buses weren't going there and they weren't letting people in the main entrance... but we got in there... a short time later though I believe they also stopped that... so we got lucky and got our dream night at EPCOT. :sohappy:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I remember when we were there for the millennium new years everything was full but MGM... it was the only place they would bus us too. We were uninformed at the time and assumed there would be no problem for people staying on site. Boy, were we wrong. LOL They did tell us if you are staying on site that you are guaranteed to get into A park... but not necessarily the park of your choice....not sure if that was just for that day, or an old policy by this point... but that's what we were told then.

I was devastated.... we so wanted to be at EPCOT and were determined not to spend the evening at MGM. A nice CM at MGM told us our only hope was to take a boat to EPCOT and try to get in the international gateway.

so we tried it and it worked!! not sure why..... buses weren't going there and they weren't letting people in the main entrance... but we got in there... a short time later though I believe they also stopped that... so we got lucky and got our dream night at EPCOT. :sohappy:
Shutting down transportation is involved in one of the 4 phases of park closure due to capacity (phase 3 I believe)

Pioneer Hall

During the period between Christmas and New Years this year, I am pretty sure they were closing down MK, Studios, and AK at different points due to capacity.

For the person who asked the question...they have different levels in closing and the general public is denied entry before resort guests are. So if you are staying at a resort you will have a better chance but there are times where they don't let anyone in.

PhilharMagician

No. During a phase 4 closure no one gets in. Phase 4 closures are quite rare.

Anyone by chance know the last time one of the parks hit phase 4 closure?

I remember talks of phase 3 here for Easter 07' Christmas 06', but the last phase 4 that I remember people talking about here was Easter 06'. How can anyone go this time of year? I have been the past 2 Thanksgiving weeks and that is insane enough for me and they have not had any closures at all that I am aware of, but were packed beyond belief. The only saving grace for me is that I typically go for 2 weeks and hang around for the week after Thanksgiving and it is much quieter.

During those busy days of the year they need to get fastpass machines for the QS restaurants it is so bad. I remember the line for Columbia Harbor House being outside the door and wrapped around by the Hall of Presidents and that was not even during a phased closure. :hammer:

If you are going bring plenty of patients.

disneytopdog

I cant even imagine going to WDW during those times. I guess I am just spoiled going in September & January. I refuse to wait longer than 20 minutes(sorry just the Disney snob in me)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom