Parks and Carry-in Items

SmileySauce

Original Poster
Are you allowed to carry-in food and/or beverages to the theme parks? I'm not talking about large food items like burgers or hotdogs (mmmm...hotdogs), but more snack items, such as granola bars or candy bars. What about bottles of water, juice or soda? I thought you could, but I want to make sure.:shrug: Thanks!

SS

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Are you allowed to carry-in food and/or beverages to the theme parks? I'm not talking about large food items like burgers or hotdogs (mmmm...hotdogs), but more snack items, such as granola bars or candy bars. What about bottles of water, juice or soda? I thought you could, but I want to make sure.:shrug: Thanks!

SS
Yes, just no glass bottles/containers and no alcohol.

cooleo

I am sure you could bring the snacks in, but I am not sure they will let you bring in the bottled drinks. I don't have any hard facts, just a gut feeling.:shrug:

ImaYoyo

Another note, you can bring in a lunch-bag sized cooler too. Provided the dimensions of the over-the-shoulder cooler are no larger than the dimensions of the lockers at the park you are visiting. Typhoon and blizzard are the cooler exceptions, which DO allow you to bring in roll-in coolers. Also, remember no knives are allowed. Not even butter knives.

WDW FAN 4 LIFE

If you are walking in drinking water bottles or pop, I don't think they can make you throw them out because what if you purchased them somewhere else in WDW? Then you can claim that WDW did not lose any money. Well I would not say it like that, but I would say I did purchase the items in my WDW Resort where I was staying.

ImaYoyo

If you are walking in drinking water bottles or pop, I don't think they can make you throw them out because what if you purchased them somewhere else in WDW? Then you can claim that WDW did not lose any money. Well I would not say it like that, but I would say I did purchase the items in my WDW Resort where I was staying.
Doesn't matter because drinks are allowed to be brought in. I take snapple in a plastic bottle in all the time and no one says a word. It used to be on the website that outside food and beverage could not be brought in, but no one at security or turnstiles checked or cared anyway, so about 2 years ago, it was quietly removed from the WDW website.

tigsmom

We have never had a problem taking snacks of any kind into the parks. Security will go thru your bag just like everyone else.
On year a guard made my daughter open her apple bar though. :shrug:
Didn't matter, she was going to eat it soon anyway.

Figment82

To go along with this... You are allowed to bring a rolling suitcase into Epcot, but only during the September Pin Event. I love seeing the people with their thousands of pins rolling through the park!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Doesn't matter because drinks are allowed to be brought in. I take snapple in a plastic bottle in all the time and no one says a word. It used to be on the website that outside food and beverage could not be brought in, but no one at security or turnstiles checked or cared anyway, so about 2 years ago, it was quietly removed from the WDW website.
I have even heard them joking about it. On one particular trip to MK the security guard at the bag check kept repeating "I am looking for chocolate! Who has the chocolate?"

rcapolete

when we were there in May my dd was still on formula we used bottled water to mix with the powder and had no problems at all.

ZapperZ

To go along with this... You are allowed to bring a rolling suitcase into Epcot, but only during the September Pin Event. I love seeing the people with their thousands of pins rolling through the park!

But for that event, they opened a separate area for security checks for people with those pin bags, which, I thought, was a good idea.

Zz.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom