Parking to Dine and Shop at Beach Club

dehook

I would like to visit the Beach Club area to eat at Beaches and Cream and explore the shops along the waterfront area, and perhaps the Boardwalk area as well. Is it possible to park at the resort for what might be 4 hours (since we cant get ADRs at B&C) while we explore ? I heard they give 3 hour passes, but what happens after 3 hours ? Do they tow ? Has anyone tried this ?

dehook

Pioneer Hall

If you are staying at a resort, most of the time they won't even worry about giving you a pass (unless it is an MK resort in the morning). If they do give you something then you can ask the guard what happens if you are there longer, and if need be you can always come back after three hours and just run the car through again.

Upvote 0

gardenia

The Boardwalk has public parking, behind the Hess station that is adjacent to the Boardwalk Inn. Good to remember, because at busy times they will not let non-resort guests park at some of the Epcot resorts.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

The Boardwalk has public parking, behind the Hess station that is adjacent to the Boardwalk Inn. Good to remember, because at busy times they will not let non-resort guests park at some of the Epcot resorts.

I was just going to say the same thing. Since the Boardwalk is a shopping/eating destination they have a public parking lot. You could also valet park at the Beach Club and not have to worry about a time limit, if you want.

Upvote 0

happymom52003

How long is the walk from this parking lot to the Internatinal Gateway at Epcot? We have an ADR at Le Cellier one evening, but we will not already be at Epcot that day....we will be arriving just in time for our dinner. I am wondering if it would be easier to park at the Boardwalk and enter Epcot through the International Gateway vs. parking in the EPCOT lot.:shrug: Is this even allowed??

Upvote 0

gleddo

Last Saturday we were staying at the Boardwalk and my wife and I drove to the Beach Club to eat at Beaches and Cream. We had our Boardwalk parking pass on our dash and I told the security guard at the Beach Club what we were doing and all he asked for was a photo ID. As I was getting out my driver's license the guard saw my police badge and told me that that was all the ID he needed to see.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Last Saturday we were staying at the Boardwalk and my wife and I drove to the Beach Club to eat at Beaches and Cream. We had our Boardwalk parking pass on our dash and I told the security guard at the Beach Club what we were doing and all he asked for was a photo ID. As I was getting out my driver's license the guard saw my police badge and told me that that was all the ID he needed to see.

We have walked around the lake from the Boardwalk to the Beach Club a few times, its easier than moving the car. :lol:

Upvote 0

tigsmom

How long is the walk from this parking lot to the Internatinal Gateway at Epcot? We have an ADR at Le Cellier one evening, but we will not already be at Epcot that day....we will be arriving just in time for our dinner. I am wondering if it would be easier to park at the Boardwalk and enter Epcot through the International Gateway vs. parking in the EPCOT lot.:shrug: Is this even allowed??

Its really not that far, if you are coming in from the parking lot (which could be a hike depending on how far out you are) I would leave at least 30 minutes because you have to go thru security too. You don't want to have to run to make your ADR. It took us not quite 10 minutes in the hot August heat, with 2 kids, to make the trip from the Boardwalk Inn to the Gateway.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Technically parking at the resort to go to a theme park isn't allowed, but if you are already a resort guest and wouldn't be paying for parking I don't really think there is much harm done there.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Technically parking at the resort to go to a theme park isn't allowed, but if you are already a resort guest and wouldn't be paying for parking I don't really think there is much harm done there.

But since the Boardwalk area is open to everyone (just like DTD) they have a second lot. Anybody can part there and there isn't really a time limit.

Upvote 0

gleddo

We have walked around the lake from the Boardwalk to the Beach Club a few times, its easier than moving the car. :lol:

I agree it's easier to walk but we were in our car already coming from DTD and it was quicker to park at the Beach Club than to park at the Boardwalk and walk. I was very hungry and my wife says I get grumpy when I'm hungry.

Upvote 0

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
I have done all of the above at one time or another. I've parked at the Boardwalk to eat lunch and am always sent to the first lot on the left after passing through the gate. There has never been a time limit.

I've also parked at the Beach Club to eat there, and again, no one has ever mentioned a time limit. The guard did mention that had they been just a little bit fuller in the parking lot he would not have been able to allow me to park there at all, but he did let us in.

Also, I have walked from the parking at the Boardwalk all the way to the International Gateway and it is a hike. You can take a boat from right in front of the Boardwalk to Epcot, but unless it's already there, it can take awhile. I would suggest parking at Epcot if going to Epcot. Ultimately it is the quicker thing to do because you have the tram.

Upvote 0

coltow

2 words = Valet Parking
It's great and not expensive. We were going to Cape May Cafe and walked around for awhile. It was nice to not have to walk all the way back to the car.

Upvote 0

YankeeMouse

Have never been turned away at the Beach Club. They just look at the Disney resort ID on the dashboard and let you through. It is a 5 minute walk to the International Gateway. Don't forget the gelato in the marketplace inside the Beach Club. Pistacchio is amazing!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom