Parking at the port

G00fyDad

Original Poster
If we drive in what time can we park? I have seen videos showing people lined up and the gate attendants not allowing people to pull into the lot.

KeithVH

If you're talking the Port Authority lots, they don't open for embarkation until 1000. Note there are other areas to park but will involve a shuttle ride.

G00fyDad

Original Poster
If you're talking the Port Authority lots, they don't open for embarkation until 1000. Note there are other areas to park but will involve a shuttle ride.
Yes. I was thinking about those lots but couldn't remember what they were called again. Thank you. I am going to try to get an early PAT but this is our first cruise. How realistic is it that I can get an early time? Or what time do first cruisers usually get?

DisAl

We did our online registration as soon as it opened and had it done in less than 10 minutes. We got a PAT of 11:45, boarding group 11.

G00fyDad

Original Poster
We did our online registration as soon as it opened and had it done in less than 10 minutes. We got a PAT of 11:45, boarding group 11.
But were you new cruisers? I am wondering if the earlier PAT will be taken by concierge or Pearl members.

DisAl

But were you new cruisers? I am wondering if the earlier PAT will be taken by concierge or Pearl members.
We were second time cruisers. I think the first slots go to Disney transportation, the concierge, Gold, and Pearl. Once they start the boarding process it moves pretty quickly though. Once we were through security and in the main hall waiting area they went from group 4 to us in group 11 in less than thirty minutes if I remember correctly. Probably the main delay you will face is getting through the checkin process where they verify your ID and scan your boarding pass, then baggage scan. Just a tip going through that process; if you have carry on water bottles they must be EMPTY. (Any water or snacks you carry on board must be factory sealed.)_ You can refill them at bottle filling stations next to the restrooms in the main waiting area. Just remember the PAT is to spread things out so all 4,000 passengers show up at the same time.

JaxFLBear

Most off-site parking lots stopped serving DCL. Even the hotels in Cocoa Beach that offered transportation to the port have discontinued that service if sailing DCL.

G00fyDad

Original Poster
We were second time cruisers. I think the first slots go to Disney transportation, the concierge, Gold, and Pearl. Once they start the boarding process it moves pretty quickly though. Once we were through security and in the main hall waiting area they went from group 4 to us in group 11 in less than thirty minutes if I remember correctly. Probably the main delay you will face is getting through the checkin process where they verify your ID and scan your boarding pass, then baggage scan. Just a tip going through that process; if you have carry on water bottles they must be EMPTY. (Any water or snacks you carry on board must be factory sealed.)_ You can refill them at bottle filling stations next to the restrooms in the main waiting area. Just remember the PAT is to spread things out so all 4,000 passengers show up at the same time.
Thank you. Part of me wants to get there as early as possible to get on the ship but I know that we're getting on anyway so there is no big rush. I guess the "planner" in me just needs to have al my ducks in a row and know what to expect ahead of time. :)

DisAl

Thank you. Part of me wants to get there as early as possible to get on the ship but I know that we're getting on anyway so there is no big rush. I guess the "planner" in me just needs to have al my ducks in a row and know what to expect ahead of time. :)
I resemble that remark. :rolleyes: We went about 30 minutes early because we had to be out of our motel room anyway. They did let us in that much early but if you get there too early they may turn you around and tell you to come back at your appointed time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom